//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 32:1 PJ1 VS 50:1 Motul – The results are in!

--
    Um... Ive been a logger for 10 years on and off. And most of the new chain saws have crome/nika plated cylinders. I run 20-1. I do not mess around on my Tecate. I also run castrol 2 stroke oil. I have heard too much oil is a bad thing. But banshees are at 20-1. I see alot of people buying top end oil. 15-30$ Canadian for a liter. Ive bought motul oil back in the early 2000s and all it did was mess up my motors. I ran 20-1 in a 1983 stock kx 250 motor with its original head gasket for 3 years with no issues with castrol. I use to buy ultramar oil from the gas station. Also this motor was completey tore down right down to tranny shafts in pieces.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate250 View Post
    Um... Ive been a logger for 10 years on and off. And most of the new chain saws have crome/nika plated cylinders. I run 20-1. I do not mess around on my Tecate. I also run castrol 2 stroke oil. I have heard too much oil is a bad thing. But banshees are at 20-1. I see alot of people buying top end oil. 15-30$ Canadian for a liter. Ive bought motul oil back in the early 2000s and all it did was mess up my motors. I ran 20-1 in a 1983 stock kx 250 motor with its original head gasket for 3 years with no issues with castrol. I use to buy ultramar oil from the gas station. Also this motor was completey tore down right down to tranny shafts in pieces.

Um.... What?
    1985 250r-LED Performance 4mm Stroker motor
    1978 ATC70 w/ Piranha 140cc
    1972 - K1 - CT70 w/lifan 125cc
    2017 YZ 250x- Braap

Youtube channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/ter5678/videos

--
    my 85 r is bone stock and my local honda shop told me to use gold spectrum which my buddy used to use 23 years ago in his quadzilla (he's smart as hell). anyhow, the gentleman at the shop said its completely safe to use a whole 10 oz bottle of gold spectrum to 5 gallons of go go juice in my bike. is this true or should i dial it down? comments are welcome.

thx, bro...mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    I report posts...
    Apparently it tortures more than my wife...LMFAO
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...r-phantombiker...feedback

85 Tri Z...sold
    85 350x sold
    84 200x sold
    85 250r...sexy as he!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by phantombiker View Post
    my 85 r is bone stock and my local honda shop told me to use gold spectrum which my buddy used to use 23 years ago in his quadzilla (he's smart as hell). anyhow, the gentleman at the shop said its completely safe to use a whole 10 oz bottle of gold spectrum to 5 gallons of go go juice in my bike. is this true or should i dial it down? comments are welcome.

thx, bro...mark
    That's about 40:1 with golden spectro so just make sure your jetted correctly for that ratio and run the piss outta it!! Totally safe.
    1985 250r-LED Performance 4mm Stroker motor
    1978 ATC70 w/ Piranha 140cc
    1972 - K1 - CT70 w/lifan 125cc
    2017 YZ 250x- Braap

Youtube channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/ter5678/videos

Micahdogg is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by briano View Post
    I run 50:1 in every 2 stroke, always have and always will. With all of the questions about mix ratios and what is better, and break in periods, here's how I look at it. Go buy a chainsaw, not a sh!t box from a big box store but from an actual dealer. It is set up and running great when you get it, the oil ratio is 50:1, and there is no heat cycles or not running full throttle. You take your new saw and run it balls to the walls like it should be, and guess what, they will run for many trouble free years. They also run at way higher rpms than most other engines, anywhere from 12,500 to 14,000 rpms. I ran my saw for 2 hours today pretty much nonstop only stopping for fuel and it keeps on ticking time after time and year after year. I'm a firm believer in a good quality oil and the jetting setup to run a 50:1 mix, I've never had a problem with this. From bikes, trikes, quads and snowmobiles I have thousands of trouble free miles.
    Wholeheartedly agree. I use 50:1 Motorex in everything with no worries. Never had one problem.
    (if you click this stuff, you will see pictures of this stuff)
    2001 Indian Scout
    2011 KTM 250SX
    1986 ATC250R
    1989 Thunderbird SuperCoupe
    2006 F150 Crew

--
    I ran a tank of 50:1 to be nice to the new rings and then switched to 60:1 I plan to keep it there (with Motul) until the next rebuild. Would love to do a test with Golden Spectro, but it will have to wait.

Tecate250, what did Motul do to your engines that you didn't like?
    It sucks to get old

--
    I ran Klotz 2 stroke for the 1st 3 tanks of gas thru the Tecate. The dealer stopped selling it and Now I am using Bel-Ray H1R Synthetic with 93 octane. I had 4 oz per gallon which is 32:1 Yet being winter and I just put on new 38mm Air Styrker, the plug was soaked black with oil. Should I add more gas therefore making it close to 40:1? Im not jetting this new carb as I thought it should just work fine. What is best for winter riding for my Tecate?
    84-85 Custom Tecate

1986 Honda 200X Daily Rider

2006 Suzuki King Quad

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat-BoX View Post
    I ran Klotz 2 stroke for the 1st 3 tanks of gas thru the Tecate. The dealer stopped selling it and Now I am using Bel-Ray H1R Synthetic with 93 octane. I had 4 oz per gallon which is 32:1 Yet being winter and I just put on new 38mm Air Styrker, the plug was soaked black with oil. Should I add more gas therefore making it close to 40:1? Im not jetting this new carb as I thought it should just work fine. What is best for winter riding for my Tecate?
    Why wouldn't you want to play with the jets? Sounds like you're pretty rich, but adding gas to the current mix will make it even richer. At 20:1 a properly jetted engine will still have a light brown plug.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I run Bel-Ray H1-R as well at 40:1 with 94octane. Have it dialled in pretty good right now on a 39mm for winter riding with a 175main and 42pilot. Easier to play with jets than mixing fuels at different ratios.
    Mixing gas and haulin' ass

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-Ported/Polished, PWK 39mm, V-force 3's, Outerwears air box lid, FMF fatty with DG silencer, DWT wheels, LSR +4 axle, all black plastics
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

--
    for our racing 2-stroke small motors (85cc to 105cc) we run 28:1 due to it being a sprint race the while time on the track. I would rather have a little oil burning and replacing plugs and have a motor last longer than have it run lean and melt the motor. at $1200 a top end that gets expensive.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    32:1 Synthetic Motul, Torco, Motorex or a good name brand or Lucas Semi-Synthetic (Cheap works good) cheap at Autozone or Walmart.

Maxima Pro Series 927 Castor (No power valves) Love the smell!!!

Zero oil related failures since 1982, 2-3 ring/rings per piston. Use good clean fresh fuel, jetted correctly, no plug falling. (Make sure you spit in the plug cap)

I would go to 20:1 before 40:1 IMHO
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //