//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Checking in from Pennsylvania

--
    Well I guess I'm almost to my 10 posts lol

--
    Does anyone know if 83 atc200x's came with a swingarm skid plate? 83 has a diff style swingarm than 84-85 200x's. I can find 84-85 plates but nothing for 83. My swingarm has 4 holes on the underside which I'm guessing is for a skid plate.

--
    Yes it did, and you are correct, they came with a different style swing arm. I had the same problem when I had my 83. I could find them for sale on eBay but just as cracked and damaged as the one I had. Mine got ripped off the tabs and had a few splits in it.

All I can say is keep and eye out and try a few different variations in the search bar to try to get one to pop up.

--
    ehhh, maybe I'll just end up making one out of some 1/8" steel.

--
    *6 month update*
    I had to chew on 2 dilemmas I was having with swapping the 250 into the 200x so I bought another project trike. 84 200s. Here is a picture of it shortly after I took possession. What you see it what I got. It didn't run, had no brakes, tires were junk.

and here is the most recent pic. Ebay carb, bought a pull starter (which I had to rebuild), rebuilt the kill switch, acquired a headlight, replaced the triple tree/ front axle, front axle bearings, rear brake shoes & cable, rear hubs, 3 tires and 1 tube, fabbed fenders, resealed the rocker box/ cdi cover. Retapped about every hole on it. Still a work in progress but it goes and stops own its own now.
    Last edited by Daguse5853z; 06-24-2015 at 05:33 AM.

--
    I did make progress on the 250r swap though. I have the engine mounts done and figured out what I'm going to do about a chain tensioner. I'm still hung up on what to do about the kick start dilemma. I'm either going to have to modify the frame, which I have to do for the exhaust anyways, or have some goofy kick start shaft the moves the lever away from the engine which is going to cost a lot more. I think the last thing I was actively working on was trying to get the bearing races for the swing arm pivot, out of the swing arm. Anyone have any suggestions on that?

--
    From pa, built many 200x's before Ephrata pa here

What you need to do about the kicker is nothing other then extend the shaft...you need to do a flip seat or cut the rear fenders back some and use a short blaster or banshee kicker.

Need more rear world advice call or stop into to see mike @ www.HREatv.com in Middletown.

--
    Good to see another project taking shape.

motorhead

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //