//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fitting new flatslide carb to 200x, mossberger intake problem

--

Fitting new flatslide carb to 200x, mossberger intake problem

Just traded my dg 27mm carb for a mikuni 28mm flatslide carb, the flatslide carb came with a mossberger intake and no tube to connect to the carb (pic)
    i used a radiator hose and it started right up and sounds mean, but the guy at napa said it wouldnt last long with fuel going thru it.

also the 28mm flatslide barely fits, i had to grind a tab out to squeeze it in and it sits cockeyed (tilted) id have to notch my frame to let it sit competely upright, anyone have experience with these carbs or where i can get a better intake?

thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carb.jpg  

--
    You'll have to use a longer tube to connect the carb and the intake or it just ain't gonna fit nicely. Have fun jetting that bigass Mikuni to run right on a 200x...

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Most people that ran the flat sides back in the day were notching their frames.

--
    well whats a good carb option for a modded x then? it seems to run great with the flatslide on it, just need a different intake other than the mossberger

--
    And you don't need to notch the frame. Just cut and add to.

--
    meaning cut and weld? the frames powdercoated id hate to touch it but may have to....

--
    The mossberger is the correct manifold for the 28mm flatslide BUT it does require a little massaging to get it to fit good . I remove a little off the top of the carb , right side .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sparks1.JPG   sparks6.JPG   sparks7.JPG   sparks13.JPG   sparks12.JPG  
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carb2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	204435
    Notice the small addition to the frame above the carb.

--
    shortline what hose did you use to connect the carb to the intake?

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    That is the picture of my 200x rdonald and that is not just a mikuni flatside that is a 30mm FCR which is a much bigger carb.

Quote Originally Posted by rdonald1979 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carb2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	204435
    Notice the small addition to the frame above the carb.

--
    Yep. Very nice idea on the addition of the slug simple and easy. I was doing some searching around about doing a 230 conversion and this is the proper way to get a flatside in there. Not hacking it all up. Nice machine by the way.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    . Have fun jetting that bigass Mikuni to run right on a 200x...

Sure don't know a whole lot for someone who talks as much as you do. Take a breather champ.

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Pargiello View Post
    Sure don't know a whole lot for someone who talks as much as you do. Take a breather champ.
    How long have you been holding your breath to see a post that doesn't sound correct from me? Its ok to exhale now, champ.

Some real snippy little punks we have here from time to time eh? Look me up at trikefest and we can talk about my breathing face to face, champ.

Yes, I believe a 28mm carb is too big for a 200x. 192Cc of air, you can only stuff so much air and fuel in there before you are wasting it, champ.

If all is working well for you guys that know how to run them, then great.

Don't make this stuff personal folks, it's an internet forum. My technical opinion is usually spot on, and if you find yourself hoping otherwise, it's YOUR problem, not mine. Keep in mind, talkie talkie, that you might be standing next to me at trikefest someday.

--
    Not holding my breath, just happened to see you running around with your back handed comments. Again. If you recall, I usually like your posts and side with you, you just seem to have some aggression lately.

And don't start this "find me at trikefest" crap. Get real dude, you don't know me, and you definitely ain't starting nothing at trikefest. Find yourself outside that gate real fast.

So once again, take a breather. Leave it to the people who are DOING IT, you can respect that right? Come find me and grab a beer, our crew will be there Wednesday this year. Don't bring any drama because it is not tolerated.

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    heres some pics of my setup, i used a radiator hose, apparently it will last only a few rides. im not sure if the length is correct, as you can see the carb sits cockeyed and spits fuel out the overflow and back of the carb, even while running, the bike seems to run great though. i havent rode it yet i want to get it to sit correctly before i do. is there any other option to radiator hose? if this carb is too big for my x im not sure what i will do, i do hillclimbs now and am just looking to hold power in 2nd gear hi range (big red motor in it) up the widowmaker here in winchester bay as it would bog with the dg 27mm a little bit

and im just jealous yall are going to trikefest!!!!!!!!!!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curtis sparks1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	614.0 KB 
ID:	204448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	curtis sparks 2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	453.7 KB 
ID:	204449

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //