//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 200x rebuild

--

86 200x rebuild

i just bought my first 200x. it was smokin pretty bad when i got her, spittin and sputterin. im looking to rebuild the engine and upgrade my carb. what would be my best bet for performance and reliability? i have someone powder coating the frame for me. i have the engine off as of now. i want to start ordering parts but im unsure where i should start ordering from. or what exactly i need to order.. any info would be great thank you!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141121_070352.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	205108 thats when i got her. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141123_121510.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	205109 thats after i stared the tear down. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141123_134446.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	205110 and this is where im at now...

--
    Before you start ordering parts I would suggest you take the top end of the engine apart to see whats wore then start ordering the parts it needs.

bigezee is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Nice find. At least it is almost all complete. I see someone already robbed the headlight! That is usually the first thing to go. All the oem plastics on these things are the most expensive to replace. When I first bought mine it was knocking real bad. It had some crank/rod problems and I had to get another motor for parts to have it rebuilt into one good one.

I would keep it all as original as you can. Properly built, these things will run for a long long time with good maintenance. I would get the Service manual. It has a lot of information as far as parts and maintenance. I'm not sure where the link is right now but it is a pdf that can be downloaded.

--
    Ebay is a good place to buy new and used parts from. X2 on tearing the motor apart first to get that all taken care of. Performance wise, an aftermarket pipe, and UNI air filter should waken it up a little bit. If you want to go farther and end up having to replace the piston and rings get a hi compression piston, 10.25 should be good and you wont have to run race gas, however you will have to run premium (91-93 octane), that alone will add a good amount of power if you have an aftermarket air filter and exhaust, if you want to go even farther, you can go to this website http://www.webcamshafts.com/index_bl...le_search.html and get an aftermarket camshaft, and heavy duty valve springs, that will also waken it up substantially. If you want to go even FARTHER then talk to shortline on the forums and he can port your head for you.

Hope this helps.
    1983 ATC 200x
    1982 ATC 250R X2
    1983 ATC 250R : Future build
    1985 ATC 250R : Main rider
    1985 ATC 363R Duner
    1985 ATC 250R X2 : Future build
    1986 ATC 250ES

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //