//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tricky Dick's Conversion Tribute

--

Tricky Dick's Conversion Tribute

So how many people would hate me for cutting this up? I would, if it weren't $3500, but I know there would be some unhappy people. Not my usual forum thread but........http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...US_motorcycles
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    That's a double edged sword there. On one hand you have a beautiful vintage two wheeler that many in it's condition probably no longer exist, but on the other hand, probably the nicest start you will ever come by for a Tricky Dicks 500 conversion. Seeing your work and knowing you're not a hack, I would be in favor of you getting out the saw, but only if the proper parts for the conversion were already sitting there.

Sometimes you just gotta go against the grain in order to come up with some cool shite.

--
    If I had a Tricky Dicks 500 kit on the shelf I would do it in a heartbeat. I think they only made one of them and that has been located. The "cutting up" is a figure of speech. All of their kits were bolt on as far as I know. The 200 certainly was.
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    I always wanted one, but I like the MX version better. Nice find thanks for sharing.

I know exactly what I would do to it today... and some people would be upset!

--
    There aint nuthin like a dirt bike. I love my 86 CR500R Gran Prix bike. I just found OEM gold rims for it. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...QBS4cXR2USAkmQ The first paragraph says it all.
    Last edited by 88 Turbo Coupe; 12-22-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    3 CR500R's and counting. Do I really need 4???
    Do I really need 9 Tigers?
    Laegers ATC500R
    DO NOT send any thing to whats his face (dirt-face/crasher) here on the board. What a scum bag. He screwed (stole) money from me and screwed me on my ME360 and Hondaline 300R engine rebuilds.

--
    I agree with Orangecnty if I understood him correctly. Figure out a way to keep the original chassis uncut and build it.

just make sure the AHRMA guys and CALVMXers on bikes don`t see it! Then you might get mean-mugged a little.

I would ask myself this: "Are there other WMX500`s out there? Probably. Are there more of them than CAGIVA 500 trikes? Yes.".....build it.

no brainer IMO

kaymo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    cut a dirtbike up to make a trike? no question. do it!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    I agree with Orangecnty if I understood him correctly. Figure out a way to keep the original chassis uncut and build it.

just make sure the AHRMA guys and CALVMXers on bikes don`t see it! Then you might get mean-mugged a little.

I would ask myself this: "Are there other WMX500`s out there? Probably. Are there more of them than CAGIVA 500 trikes? Yes.".....build it.

no brainer IMO
    All you need to do is adapt a swing arm and new tripples. Wala... Laegers atc 500r. No butchery
    3 CR500R's and counting. Do I really need 4???
    Do I really need 9 Tigers?
    Laegers ATC500R
    DO NOT send any thing to whats his face (dirt-face/crasher) here on the board. What a scum bag. He screwed (stole) money from me and screwed me on my ME360 and Hondaline 300R engine rebuilds.

--
    Hows that old saying go Its easyer to ask for forgivness than is to ask for permission or something like that lol.I say do it.
    250r rules

--
    Cut it up, its not like anyone is going to race vintage motocross on that thing.

It would be a sick 3 wheeler though.

--
    Your $$, your stuff, do as you please and forget the naysayers.

--
    Pretty cool...Bellaire, Texas is close to where I used to live near Houston.

That's a rare bike for sure!

SEND ME PM HERE - CLICK HERE

1986 ATC 250r, 1986 Tri Z, 1990 LT 500R "Quadzilla"

Dirtbikes:

1994 KTM 550 MXC (yes its a two stroke...66 hp stock!)
    1988 Yamaha DT

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //