//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Cleaning polished pipes

--

Cleaning polished pipes

Hey guys, this 85 I picked up has a polished pipe on it and I was curious what everybody does to keep them clean and rust free? I've always owned painted pipes. Thanks

Marty is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    just keep polishing them before and after ride but when it sits and not used spray wd-40 on it or if your wife has olive oil apply some on a rag and wipe on pipe.

--
    What kind of polish do you use marty?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    just keep polishing them before and AFTER ride but when it sits and not used spray wd-40 on it or if your wife has olive oil apply some on a rag and wipe on pipe.
    Yea, that right there. Seems if you leave crud on a pipe for any period of time it seems to ruin them. Wash and try ASAP. Chrome and nickel looks great if you spray a little brake cleaner on a rag and rub it. Another thing that messes up chrome pipes is water spots & fingerprints near the head pipe. Not sure why, but if there are spots or prints on them when they burn and blue they stay forever.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Not sure why, but if there are spots or prints on them when they burn and blue they stay forever.
    I have experienced that first hand. I hit a salty new england puddle on the way home from picking up my brand new Honda 599 back in early april 2007. It splashed on the headpipes, and by the time I got home I had some permanently discolored headers
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //