//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think I've cuaght the bug

--

I think I've cuaght the bug

The three wheeler bug that is 😄. Im spending a lot of time on Craigslist looking for any good deals to pop up. And have had my luck finding a couple for very cheap. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	206527 found these two. He one of them listed very cheap. Somewhere around 75ish, I can't remember. Said it was a 200s, had been sitting awhile should run but no fenders or brakes. And he mentioned another he had. Missing a tire wasn't sure what it was, possibly a 185? I mostly shrugged it of, told him I might know someone interested in it. Well when I went to pick up my 200s. Found out that what he thought was the 200s was a 200x! SCORE! The extra one was actually the 200s. He threw out the price of $150. But in my excitement I forgot to get any bills smaller then 20s. And he didn't have and cash on him. So I said well here's $160. He gave me a dollar back lol. I figured the extra 9 bucks was well worth it. Considering he ran all over his multiple garages to find that missing wheel (which we did) and the missing exhuast (which we didn't) Oh and he helped load them!

--
    And another lucky find while on good ole CL. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	206528 200e listed for parts. At a steal of a deal at $85! I figured for that I could get what I needed for my first 200e. Which was in sad shape but ran pretty decentClick image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	206530 cobbled mess it was. So after seeing my new "parts" machine I decided it was in better condition then my current one. And actually cost less. So got her home and swaped lots of parts and ended up with a nicer machine Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	206531

--
    Now the 200x went to my uncle for gas money and some cash on his part. But it ended up coming back to me when I wanted to do a Auto-x build and he decided to focus more on his 250es. He kept the motor for the gas cost. And we both came out happy Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	206536Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	206537Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	206538Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	206539 it got the 200s engine, wire harness, shifter, and headlight (only temporary) Also 350x brake pedal fit on so nicely with a little bending (thanks to this site for that info)
    I still have a long way before its ready to really ride. Needs brakes. The tube from the carb to airbox. Filter. And lots of bearings. And probably a few odds and ends.

--
    Now I have two almost completely running machines and two rollers for around a total of $400. I know there both in very poor condition to some of the rides I've drooled over on here, but they are mine, and my bank account and bills prevents me from treating them to the new goodies I'd love to do. Someday as long as I don't find another deal I can't resist. I am always on the hunt for a 250sx. Maybe another 200x so I can get some more seat time with a clutch. But I do apologize for the long posts, and bad punctuation.

--
    off to a good start, everyone starts somewhere! brakes seized on the 200x?
    Mixing gas and haulin' ass

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-Ported/Polished, PWK 39mm, V-force 3's, Outerwears air box lid, FMF fatty with DG silencer, DWT wheels, LSR +4 axle, all black plastics
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

--
    Calipers are non-existent. PO took them off at some point I'd guess.

--
    thatll be one of the more pricey things, and master cylinders?

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-Ported/Polished, PWK 39mm, V-force 3's, Outerwears air box lid, FMF fatty with DG silencer, DWT wheels, LSR +4 axle, all black plastics
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

--
    Oh I forgot about those.
    Ok I just checked. Front is missing. I assume removed when they put on the God awful ugly handle bars. But rear is still there. Also I read on here somewhere that there are a few calipers from other bikes that can easily fit. Which brings down the cost of trying to get oem in decent shape.

--
    some guys on here im sure have figured out swaps but also gotta check to see if the rear master cylinder is seized

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezlemke View Post
    Oh I forgot about those.
    Ok I just checked. Front is missing. I assume removed when they put on the God awful ugly handle bars. But rear is still there. Also I read on here somewhere that there are a few calipers from other bikes that can easily fit. Which brings down the cost of trying to get oem in decent shape.
    Sorry to mention this but you started it.
    You WILL get help and sympathy and tech advice and support
    for everything except what to say to the girlfriend...and you may even get some of that.
    Tell her the nicest one is for her.

Lock and hide themn.
    If they don't get stolen when yer inside answering the phone? they'll
    reproduce.
    Honest,
    I woke up to a 200x and 185 in my driveway.
    No note no nothin'

What do I tell my bikini model gorlfriend?
    ...that she hasn't heard before.
    I need help too.

--
    Yea isnt this site a Trikeaholics anonymous place? Lol I love this site, its part of my "bedtime ritual" meaning I spend at least an hour that I should be sleeping browsing this site trying to learn as much as I can from everyone who has a wealth of knowledge on these. And ive seen the bad effects of them sitting in my uncles shed. It went from one to seven of of them in one day! Four of them being mine. We got so confused what we had to do to which one. It was crazy!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Samjp22 View Post
    some guys on here im sure have figured out swaps but also gotta check to see if the rear master cylinder is seized
    cheap caliper and master swaps for 1st gen 200X...I did this to three machines so far with great results

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+caliper+swaps

--
    How do I check to make sure the master isnt seized? Just push on the brake pedal? Though if you look at one of my pics from post #3 last picture I dont have it really attached I just have a think wire holding it up so it wouldn't drag while I went for a quick spin to check if she shifted all good.

--
    Ironchop I do believe that's the exact thread I was talking about! Thanks a bunch for posting that here!

--
    you should be able to move the plunger by hand

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //