//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 polaris 250 2stroke

California, USA about 50 miles north of sacremento
    --

86 polaris 250 2stroke

OK I have gone through the carb and cannot figure out what it will not start when cold. Once it is started it is a 1 pull runner. Will sit and idle. No lack of power missing or anything. If I give it a shot of carb cleaner (I know, I know) it will fire instantly and run on gas with no issues when cold. When warm it will fire up without any help. I have messed with the little jet fuel/air screw on the side (or what ever its called) and if all the way seated it will choke out and die after a minute or 2. 1 full turn out seems to run best. This does not have reeds. This engine is similar to the scrambler 3 wheeler engine.

Any ideas what the heck I am missing here? Oh and it makes no difference if air filter is on or off. Mixture is 50:1

--
    I know this is old but I'm curious if you figured it out. And I'll throw in my 2 cents. I know these older machines will do strange things when the crank seals need to be replaced. Wonder if that was it?

California, USA about 50 miles north of sacremento
    --
    I did replace the crank seals on the right side of engine before I posted this and no other leaks anywhere. I did find the issue it was the choke cable where it went into the carb. Its got a setup where it goes into a port on carb. Some how the little piece in the carb gets turned around and chokes the engine, best as I can figure. I removed it and repositioned it and it starts up in one or 2 pulls. Not sure if something is worn our a "know issue" of these bikes but its a PITA. If I could I would can this carb and choke setup and go with a carb similar to the 185/200s with the choke setup.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //