//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Header options on ATC 200/200x pre '86

Dave8338 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Header options on ATC 200/200x pre '86

Just wondering if anyone has any fitment knowledge on what fits what. I know that the 200x header is slightly larger id/od than the 185/200s.

Would a header from the same years XL 200 fit? Are they the same size? Any other options that you can think of. I'll be fitting a Super Trapp after the header.
    Just would like to know what my options are....

Thanks

Dave
    The Goal... All I Need Is The Time...

--
    Last year when I was building a pair of 200X's, I layed a 2000 XR200 head pipe over / next to the stock '85 200X pipe on the floor, it was the same diameter and had all the same bends, but the XR pipe was shorter by about 5 inches and was missing the very last bend right before the muffler. I'm not sure about the XL, but my '79 XR185 has basically an identical headpipe to the XR200, so I'm sure you could make something work.
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

Dave8338 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Drew... thanks for the feedback.

If the XR is the same diameter as the ATC 200X, that would make a good option. As for being shorter, the muffler I'm using wasn't meant for the bike so I'll be changing things anyway. I did a little forum searching and at some point, a TRX 450 was used. I understand the bends are a little different, size is larger, so IF I'm left with going stock or going home, I'll head home and make something work. Was hoping for an easier option but easy is boring, I suppose.

Thanks again,

Dave

--
    Glad to be of assistance! That XR200 headpipe will actually be making its way onto my current 200X build. Its what I have, so I'm using it.
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    10:25 Forged Wiseco, and my Lisle hone, arrived this morning. Need to hone from 65.25mm to 65.5mm for the new piston. Jug has already been machined to 65.25mm so I know the bore is round and straight. Also picked up a pencil style Mini die grinder for polishing the inside of all the tight spots. Should work out well.

And for the header, I'll be starting with a 2006 TRX 450R pipe (on the way) that will need a little massaging to make it all fit together.
    Last edited by Dave8338; 01-20-2015 at 11:14 AM.

--
    I must say, the Wiseco piston is very well refined. Nice piece. I was expecting to have to contour a few of the sharp valve recess edges. NOPE, the boys building it already did that. Flawless finish to the piston top, as well. May hone/fit the piston tomorrow if time permits. Either that, or slap the new sprockets on the beast for one last ride before going back under the knife.

--
    This is what the new header will be bolting up to:

--
    What's that carb you are using, and do I spy an accelerator pump, or is that an automatic choke pulloff?
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    It is a 30mm Keihin and yes, there is an accelerator pump for the quick throttle stabs, when they happen.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    What intake manifold/insulator is that? where can they be found? I want a couple!

ETA: What cam are you running?
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 01-24-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Good morning. Up early, I see!

The intake was purchased several years ago from a vendor of race cart products, off the internet. I don't have the vendors info on me but I typically keep ALL of the products, their spec sheets etc. in a three ring binder, for each project. I'll have to look when I get home. The cam is a .380/.380 lift and a 280/280 duration. If you check Web cams, they have a nearly identical cam, only the lift on theirs is .375/.375 with a 380/380 duration. They do make one with something like 390~ lift and 290 duration HOWEVER... I'm somewhat suspicious of valve clearance issues with their cam, when running thinner base and head gaskets and don't want too much overlap in the valve timing as things get real tricky in the exhaust department, with that set up. Also, this engine will be going in my little "pet" trike and I want it ride-able in nearly all situations. Also why compression was left at 10.25:1. I have no desire to chase down race fuel anymore. Getting too old for that game. 92 octane with a little "juice spike", will be more than enough.

Can't let all the kittens out of the bag, just yet...

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Good morning to you also
    Heh, been up for a couple hours :P

Thanks for the info. Anything you can find on the intake would be awesome!

Your specs sound like a build I'm looking at doing, same scenario: pet trike that's extremely reliable.

I'm quite sure I don't have to ask you to update this thread or post a build thread
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    Did some digging on Sunday, looking for the manufacturer of the intake and when it was purchased. As of yet, I'm coming up blank. I have one drawer in my tool chest that I've got some paperwork in, and haven't checked there, yet. Now it is starting to bug me. I don't typically lose things like that !

--
    Of all the pipes I have ran across the nicest and best power producer was the bassoni. Hey are rear and hard to find but if you can get one your golden. Next up is the super trap stuff.

Outside of that, they are the same except the DG stuff is Chinese junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave8338 View Post
    Did some digging on Sunday, looking for the manufacturer of the intake and when it was purchased. As of yet, I'm coming up blank. I have one drawer in my tool chest that I've got some paperwork in, and haven't checked there, yet. Now it is starting to bug me. I don't typically lose things like that !
    I've tried some googling, but haven't really come up with one that looks like yours. Yours looks a little longer than stock. Will you be able to use the stock airbox or are you gonna run an open filter?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //