//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accommodation Near Trikefest?

Jason T is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Accommodation Near Trikefest?

I know a lot of people camp, but does anyone have recommendations for hotels near to Trikefest?

Thanks for your help

Jason

--
    The last time I went, and the few times total that I was there, the local hotels/motels aren't particularly close. When I find that info, I'll put it on here but there really wasn't anything convenient.
    85' Honda Big Red
    09' Yamaha YZ 250F
    2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
    2015 Polaris RZR 570 LE/Trail Edition
    2017 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

--
    Hey jason.. ive got a spare tent and air mattress.. they dont take up much room I can throw them in the truck.. im sure a few other TF regulars can come up w/ stuff to help out a flyin guy!
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Just a suggestion, I have no idea what it would cost, but you might look into renting an RV. If you're in a hotel there will inevitably be things going on at some point when you're gone. I don't leave the property for the entire week, except maybe twice over the years to go to the store. Even then I get right back as fast as possible, haha.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    there used to be an Inn in Laurel but im not sure if its still open.

the closest hotels are in Connersville (north of Laurel), Metamora (just east of Laurel), and Brookville (further east of Laurel)....Connersville would be more hotel chain hotels.

nothing else close....you`ll understand when you see where Laurel is and just how NOT populated that entire county is.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    ........If you're in a hotel there will inevitably be things going on at some point when you're gone. I don't leave the property for the entire week.......
    ^^^^^ Fabio speaks the truth. You really shouldn't leave TrikeFest. There is always so much going on, even falling asleep you will risk missing something fun, impressive, or just ridiculous. I try to limit my sleep to 3-4 hours per day when I am there.

Mik6 offered you the tent and air mattress. I will chip in a sleeping bag / blanket / pillow and a ice chest for you, if you decide to camp at Haspin.

Jason T is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks for the offers of camping equipment
    However there will be 5 of us and my dad is old and reufusing to camp!
    We are looking in to the hotels and also the RV idea

Thanks again

Jason

--
    What about the place on the other side of the bridge? Isn't that an inn? I think it is.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    There is the what I believe is called the "Laurel Bed & Breakfast", although I do not know anyone that has ever actually stayed there before, but it litterally is "just down the hill" from Haspin.

knipfeldustin is offline My quality posts are with flight MH370. Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Batesville indiana is 13 miles and has several hotel options.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knipfeldustin View Post
    Batesville indiana is 13 miles and has several hotel options.
    The bates motel...

We all know what happened there.

--
    All I need to know is there a place to shower at Haspin Acres. If so I'll just crash in my Truck bed. Looking to get one of those pickup bed tents.
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Yes. It can get a bit gnarly at times and some prefer to swim in the river, but yes, definitely are.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Most people prefer the river. Come about Thursday and you'll see why. I'd probably to take a shower after I showered at Haspin if I ever had to. It may sound kind of ghetto to suggest the river, but it is pretty durned sweet, unless it swells over the banks. Then you're porked.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I agree with Fabio driven on an RV if you don't want to camp. Personally I would be weary about having my trikes on a trailer at some random hotel plus It would be a big pain in the butt to travel back and forth. . On top of that, for the time that you are at haspin acres you wont have any refuge or place to chill. It can be very hot and there's a good chance of rain also. Waiting it out in a pick up doesn't sound ideal. What about a pop up camper or nice tent and a generator for fans and electrical power???? The plus side of the hotel would be the nice clean personal shower, so at least you'll have that.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //