//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NORRA Mexican 1000

--
    Quote Originally Posted by baja500bound View Post
    Every day we’re amazed and humbled by the number of people sending us everything from a hearty pat on the back to actual cash donations. Honestly, we’re just three guys that love racing in Baja, Racing an ATC just seemed like the next logical step.

Along with those wishes of luck, we’ve also received several requests for T-Shirts. Most importantly, we’re honored that anyone would actually want one of our shirts.

Because of all the requests, we’re very excited to offer the Official Dynamically Unstable Racing T-Shirt. This will be the same shirt the racers and crew take all the way to Cabo.

The site that’s managing the billing and shipping is associated with Cafepress.com. What they refer to as a “Fundraiser” will end on March 2nd and at that time, shirts will begin shipping. If you choose to purchase a shirt, you should not expect to see it until Mid-March.

We’re not out to make a profit on this so we’ve set the purchase price at $15.00.

Once again, thank you 3WW for all the Support and well wishes!! Rest assured that we will do everything in our power to get that ATC down to Cabo.

http://www.tfund.com/DUR

Hammer Down!!
    -Craig
    I'll send up some advertising on the site's homepage and on Facebook for this when I can get a chance to. Please keep me informed on everything you can as it happens! Have a good one.

--
    If you have purchased a shirt, you may have been notified that the order has been canceled. I have no idea why but I'm guessing it's because of the sponsors logos. I have written consent to use these logos so this is just a minor delay.

Their offices are closed right now but I'll call right away tomorrow morning and get this taken care of.

Very sorry for the hassle!!!!
    -Craig

--
    Slashfan7964,

Thank you very much!! There is a problem with our T-Shirt campaign but as soon as I get it taken care of, I'll let you know.

Thanks again!!
    -Craig
    Last edited by baja500bound; 02-11-2015 at 07:06 PM.

--
    I'll buy one as soon as you get it back up and running.
    How about some racer on the back like last names with #? that would be awesome!

I love all the press you guys are getting, totally awesome!!!!

have you thought about installing a 2nd set of radiators or having a double rowed one built? water cooled engines in that heat will need all the help they can muster. They also make a "fuel line" cooler that helps cool fuel line. IMS makes a larger than stock fuel tank if you have not check it out yet. i know you guys are smart and knwo your stuff, just trying to think of anything outside the box so to speak of that hits me up in questions.

does the race run at night too or just day racing? tryingto see if lights are needed or not.

oh , sorry last question for a while (sorry lol) are you keeping the thumb throttle or swapping to a twist? for my 350x i am planning on installing a twist on it for the race and run it a few times at a local track to get used to the twister over thumb. i think fo rlong riding twist woudl be better for me, but not sure if you guys are doing the same.
    Last edited by oscarmayer; 02-12-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    I'll buy one as soon as you get it back up and running.
    How about some racer on the back like last names with #? that would be awesome!

I love all the press you guys are getting, totally awesome!!!!

have you thought about installing a 2nd set of radiators or having a double rowed one built? water cooled engines in that heat will need all the help they can muster. They also make a "fuel line" cooler that helps cool fuel line. IMS makes a larger than stock fuel tank if you have not check it out yet. i know you guys are smart and knwo your stuff, just trying to think of anything outside the box so to speak of that hits me up in questions.

does the race run at night too or just day racing? tryingto see if lights are needed or not.

oh , sorry last question for a while (sorry lol) are you keeping the thumb throttle or swapping to a twist? for my 350x i am planning on installing a twist on it for the race and run it a few times at a local track to get used to the twister over thumb. i think fo rlong riding twist woudl be better for me, but not sure if you guys are doing the same.
    Oscamayer,

I'm still dealing with TFund to get the shirt sales going again. We have written permission to use the Logo's but it's been a slow process. I'm hoping they have all the information they need and will open it back up soon.. Fingers crossed!! We're desert racers, all this T-Shirt/logo/grapics stuff is all "New and Exciting"..

We haven't talked about radiators but you're right, heat is always a serious issue and it's something we'll need to talk about. We're working with IMS to get the biggest baddest gas tank that we can install. They've been great to work with and their customer service equals their product quality. Absolutely nothing but positive things to say about IMS.

In regards to running at night; NORRA runs their race a little different than SCORE. With SCORE (What we know as the Baja 1000) once you start, you keep going until you hit the finish line. With NORRA, each day there is what's called the special tests (Which are the timed sections) with transfer sections (generally black top) connecting them until you reach the end of that days course (Just like the Dakar Ralley). This year, the bikes leave Ensenada and race to El Rosario on April 25th. We keep racing down the Baja peninsula until we hit Cabo on April 29th. That's when the party starts... If all goes as planned, we will not be racing at night.. Once again fingers crossed!!

We'll be running a twist throttle. It makes the most sense in regards to comfort and we're all used to running a twist throttle.

The 350x should be a great Desert weapon! Fuel economy is huge!! You're right on track starting the planning process now. With three of us working various aspects of this race, the task list is slowly getting smaller.

No need to apologize for questions, happy to share!!!

Thanks,
    -Craig

--
    Has your team considered those new chromoly 250R frames? From what I've read they are 13.5 pounds lighter and new vs. 29 yrs old. What tires are you using?

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ly+250R+frames

--
    3 Wheel Drive - Honestly no, we have not talked about that. I think swapping out a frame is outside of our budget at this point. Of course Murphy's law would state that now we'll break something..

--
    My apologies for the T-Shirt delay, my day job has once again interrupted the more important things. I reached out again to TFund this morning and I was told that they have our emails showing we have permission to use the various logos. I was told to call back at the end of the day if I haven't heard anything.

The extended delay was my fault but I'll get more information out as soon as I hear something.

Thank you to everyone that's been in contact with me asking about shirts!! Lit the fire!!

-Craig

--
    Great news!! The T-Shirt campaign through TFund is back on-line and is ready to go!! Once again, my sincere apologies to everyone that had their original orders canceled.

If you would still like to order a shirt, it can be done at http://www.tfund.com/DUR .

Thanks again everyone!!!

--
    We had a pretty good work day this past Saturday. We didn't get as much done as we had hoped but we made progress. If all goes well, we'll be starting her up mid March. Just a few pictures of what we've done. We'll be getting the two wheeled parts mule taken care of soon as well. If all goes as planned, the two wheeler will ride in the back of the truck all the way to Cabo but it will be nice to have a spare motor etc if needed.

We're getting crazy close to leaving.. April 23rd will be here before we know it...

Thanks again for all the well wishes!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	210883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3273.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	210880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3271.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	210884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3270.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	210885Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3269.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	210886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3266.JPG 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	210887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3261.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	210888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3257.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	210889Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3255.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	214.2 KB 
ID:	210890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3254.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	210891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3251.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	210892

Poco Loco is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    Has your team considered those new chromoly 250R frames? From what I've read they are 13.5 pounds lighter and new vs. 29 yrs old. What tires are you using?

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ly+250R+frames
    The 13.5 lb lighter frame is a drag build frame with the thin wall chromoly. Not what you would want to use in desert or
    mx racing. Dave also makes a mx version, but its not much lighter than stock.
    Shart Guard .......Use it !

Pink Powerwheels Barbie trike

Wamo Big Wheel with a solid trikecycle front tire

Mini bike 3hp Briggs and Stratton with cambells soup can exhaust

Schwinn stingray with coaster brakes

1985 Crash and Burn champ

1st place National Endo Championship

--
    What do you guys think? In the 80's this thing added a good 5hp, but I'm concerned that some of the snake oil may have leaked. Should we run it?

Name:	RoostBoost.jpg 
Size:	275.3 KB 
ID:	210894

Brian
    facebook.com/DynamicallyUnstableRacing

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian313 View Post
    What do you guys think? In the 80's this thing added a good 5hp, but I'm concerned that some of the snake oil may have leaked. Should we run it?

Name:	RoostBoost.jpg 
Size:	275.3 KB 
ID:	210894

Brian
    facebook.com/DynamicallyUnstableRacing
    Yes, you must run that "roost boost"

--
    If you do run it, have a backup on board. And good luck! Wish I was you.

--
    It's starting to come together..

Name:	Finished Motor.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	211450

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //