//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Looking for people experienced with Pro-X bolt on 330 kit

--

Looking for people experienced with Pro-X bolt on 330 kit

Hi guys,

I bought a bolt on 330 because at the time no 310 kits were available. I had just put together the bottom end and was in no mood to take it all apart to machine the cases, so I got a bolt on 330.

Is the loss of lower sleeve really going to cause any issues? I realize there may be more piston slap at the bottom, but I plan to run 28:1 fuel/oil and keep her on the rich side. This thing has plenty power so there is really no need to tweek it out to full race "lean".

Can anyone tell me from experience what to expect with a bolt on 330?

Thanks in advance.

--
    I had one, didn't like it. I put the stock ported cylinder back on. One thing.....does your motor have a long rod crank? You need that for a bolt-on 330. Also, get a br8ecm plug, you will need the shorter plug to easily get spark plug cap on. You have a 85 or 86 frame?

--
    Long rod, spacer plate. I used a low profile cap for the spark plug. The trike rips. I am impressed with the power and how it runs. What did you not like about the 330? My question is about issues with the piston from the shorter skirt in the sleeve.

--
    I didn't like the power it made, much preferred stock ported cylinder. I later on got a 295pv from lrd and it royally kicked the esr's butt. I had to get a extended swingarm. I used the same setup with stock, 330, stock and lrd295pv- cr ignition, v-force cr reeds, 38 a/s and esr pipe(later got pt hi-rev).

--
    My question was about longevity and durability with the skirt of the cylinder removed. Any feedback on that?

This kit is also not ESR. It is a Pro-X top end from BDT.

--
    i have ran several 4-stroked kits with the removed bottom of the sleeve w/o issues. as long as you set it up exactly as intended, you shoudl be fine w/o any problems. one thing I do want to add was these were all race mtoros so none fo them stayed together for long peroids of time before refresh or what not.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Thanks Oscar. This trike is also for races only.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //