//ArrowChat Code

Thread: The high price tag to pay for cheap "Gasoline"

--

The high price tag to pay for cheap "Gasoline"

I left the fuel valve on by mistake for one night and the next day I had to get pulled by a kuboto tractor to jump start it. I get it back in the garage and she kicks right over. I got a mikuni carb and I run the bike once a week. With all this cheap gasoline going around I wonder sometimes how much more corn we are burning....
    Going out there now to see how she cooperates,,,,,

Have you had any issues recently with this corn crap they call gasoline ? I mean wtf we are paying a dollar extra per gallon just for NY state and federal tax for this garbage.

Pay top dollar in taxes to F*** with my mikuni and rot my tank and lines,,,,,

this sux lol
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    No issues yet. I'd rather this than $4/Gallon any day.

hogmuffin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i run ethanol treatment in all of my gasloline that goes into anything with a carburetor. Have not had any issues yet. keeping my fingers crossed. there are several brands available. I use sta-bil with ethanol treatment.
    1985 KLT 160
    1985 YTM 200ERN
    1984 YT 60

Reproduced KLT 160, 110 decals for sale
    Reproduced YTM200ERN decals for sale
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2655

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...uffin+feedback

--
    non etoh at all cost for me. with anything...seafoam, stabil, mystery oil
    is approved for aviation.
    Seems to keep for a year or so and then that gas goes in the tractor
    or mower.
    alcohol is good for nothing except breaking loose crud and plugging / melting plastics.

--
    That's why I run nothing but 91 octane with no ethanol in everything but my car. I've seen what that garbage does to the inside of a carb bowl after sitting for a year.

--
    I only run non-oxy premium.

--
    All my toys get the premium treatment with as little Corn Fuel as possible.

I have a friend that owns a rental business and he can see first hand how the cheap corn infused fuel is wrecking most, if not all of the older equipment that was not designed or developed with any of that additives in the fuels now... frequent replacement / repairs on carburetors, fuel lines, lots of varnishing, etc etc...
    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

The Good:
    1985 1/2 Tri-Z - Daily Rider - Pretty much stock ( wink )
    1985 1/2 Tri-Z - Custom Black & Gold, Top mount plastic tank, custom 3D printed airbox, Banshee shock
    1985 Tri-Z - Rider restore in process

The Bad:
    1988 TRX250R with 86 ATC 250R Motor and Swinger - Screamer!

The Ugly:
    1993-ish Banshee / 2003 Motor by VSR in Belding, MI - Duner Fun!!
    2000-ish Banshee / Motor by RDZ Racing in Fowlerville, MI - Another Duner!

--
    You don't need ethanol fuel to flood your bike. Had that happen several times as a kid, long before the fuels ever changed. Leaving the petcock on is the real problem.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Don't buy 87. They don't put ethanol in mid grade or premium, and arguably you should be running premium in everything anyways.

That said I have had issues in the past with the ethanol corroding the fuel bowl, not just on this but on vehicles as well along with it rotting out rubber lines and hoses from the inside out. That stuff breaks off and gets into your engine it is not a pretty sight.

--
    In NY, we can buy ethanol free 91oct. Everything but my vehicles get the 91.

I remember growing up, we could pull out the old rototiller after it had sat a year, sometimes 2 or 3 years as we didn't do a garden every single year... and that thing would start up on whatever fuel was left in it from the last time we ran it with no issues. Same can be said of alot of things back in those days...

But don't you feel better knowing you are "thaving the planet, as you fiddle and fart with your fuel systems???

It's bad products forced on us to forward an agenda... plain and simple.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    I splash in some Star Tron anytime I put gas in my can. I always run 93 in my toys also

Rob

--
    http://www.fuel-testers.com/expirati...hanol_gas.html

http://www.motorcycleperf.com/TechTips/BadGasoline.html

Ive also noticed my gasoline nowadays will varnish up a carb in about 8 months whereas in the olden days, gas lasted much longer when stored in climate controlled garages than it does now.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //