//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1983 200 Headlight

--
    I checked the head light 45/45w
    the tail light bulb has no watts marked on it.....its a wagner bulb 17635 which looks like its a 26.88 watt bulb ??

So I took the tail light bulb out and the head light was BRIGHTER that ever.....

Wrong bulb in the tail light ??

I went to the local shop and got a small bulb. Works fine now.

Is there a danger running with no tail light bulb...as far as the electrical system and the voltage running to the headlight bulb ?
    Last edited by Mike Burke; 01-28-2015 at 02:56 PM.

JustEnough is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If you search with the string "wagner+17635+watts" at Google or similar, you will find that your tailight bulb is rated at 26 watts and was overwhelming the headlight bulb. Good thing that you did not spend all that money on a lighting coil and flywheel puller (and another flywheel key, after you mess up the first one).

--
    Yep...that bulb was the culprit. ...i don't know how it got there but its gone now. Thanks" aramid " for suggesting to check the tail light bulb. Im glad it was a easy ..cheap fix.

DSHOT59 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Does anyone know what the correct tail light bulb # is, my 83 200 headlight is kinda dim also had it out in the snow yesterday so long it got dark and the snow was a bit yellow lookin. Maybe I can get an easy cheap fix too.
    Watch out where the huskies go and don`t you eat that yellow snow. RIP Mr Zappa.
    No trike left behind
    1983 Ytm 200
    1983 Honda 200
    1982 Honda 185s
    1983 odyssey fl 250
    1987 yz 250

--
    I think this one would work
    http://www.mfgsupply.com/01-8903.htm...FYI8aQodPbYA3A

I went to the local motorcycle shop and they had a small bulb that worked for me..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DSHOT59 View Post
    Does anyone know what the correct tail light bulb # is, my 83 200 headlight is kinda dim also had it out in the snow yesterday so long it got dark and the snow was a bit yellow lookin. Maybe I can get an easy cheap fix too.
    Watch out where the huskies go and don`t you eat that yellow snow. RIP Mr Zappa.
    remove your tail bulb . . if there is no improvement it is not the problem . . if there is an improvement than run a lower watt bulb . . also look at your frint one . . if it is 25 you can try a brighter one if you have 12 volts at the yellow wire on the alt..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Burke View Post
    I checked the head light 45/45w
    the tail light bulb has no watts marked on it.....its a wagner bulb 17635 which looks like its a 26.88 watt bulb ??

So I took the tail light bulb out and the head light was BRIGHTER that ever.....

Wrong bulb in the tail light ??

I went to the local shop and got a small bulb. Works fine now.

Is there a danger running with no tail light bulb...as far as the electrical system and the voltage running to the headlight bulb ?
    yes, wrong tail lite bulb, i told you your tail lite bulb should be 5 watts and the head lite should be 25 but to try a higher watt one.

--
    I see on the oem parts list for my model the head light bulb is 45/45w stock.
    Looks nice and bright now..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Burke View Post
    I see on the oem parts list for my model the head light bulb is 45/45w stock.
    Looks nice and bright now..
    ok, thats odd because in the service manual it says its 25 . . anyway, what does it say the rear lite should be?

--
    Yea....the wireing diagram im looking at says
    12v 45/45w front
    12V 5/5w rear

DSHOT59 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I`ll try and remove the bulb and see what happens just to verify if that's the problem good advice thanks. I don`t use the headlight much at all but I like to have everything workin correctly just the same.
    No trike left behind
    1983 Ytm 200
    1983 Honda 200
    1982 Honda 185s
    1983 odyssey fl 250
    1987 yz 250

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //