//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '85 Big Red no spark *HELP*

--

'85 Big Red no spark *HELP*

I have a 1985 250es Big Red that has intermittant spark problem. It's gotten worse. Now I can't get her started. New plug, wire and coil. Still same problem. What else controls spark? Neutral safety switch seems to be working. It kills starter when not in neutral. Any help would be appreciated.
    Currently Own
    '85 Honda Big Red 250es
    '84 Honda Big Red 200es
    '81 Honda ATC 185s
    Unk yr Adventure Vehicles 3 wheeler

--
    Welcome to the club.
    250 es and sx are bulletproof.

Check the fuse that looks like this IF you can find it.
    Messes me up once a year or so.
    PLEASE let us know what you find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 98200-52000.jpg   DSC04668.JPG   IMG_0180.JPG   IMG_0178.JPG  

--
    I know where the fuse is at, I found it while checking my connections. Mine looks like the original one on the right contained inside the rubber "box". What am I looking for? Do they corrode up? Should I change it out for a modern inline fuse like the yellow one you have a pic of or should I keep the stock one. I have been looking into changing the cdi. Do cdi's cause intermittent problems or do they usually just blow and go out and stop working? Anyone help me with testing the cdi or have a link to a thread that shows you how to do it? I couldn't find one but I'm sure it's been posted on here at some point.
    Currently Own
    '85 Honda Big Red 250es
    '84 Honda Big Red 200es
    '81 Honda ATC 185s
    Unk yr Adventure Vehicles 3 wheeler

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //