//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wow.... T3 is scary >:D

Ragar is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Wow.... T3 is scary >:D

Finally got the T3 Float set correctly so it'll stay running. Still Leaks, have a new needle and seat at work for it and have to track down a new gasket i think. and a new in line filter but was able to ride it!

I rode it in the snow and had a blast!, took it across the field and it never hooked up, so much power. SO i took it on the black top. How do you keep the front end down??? I was almost on top the tank and the powerband hit and it still came up hard! Im a big guy, my other bikes and quads have nothing on this!

Any tips on keeping the front down, or is that impossible on asphalt?

I love this thing!!!!!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragar View Post
    Finally got the T3 Float set correctly so it'll stay running. I rode it in the snow and had a blast!, took it across the field and it never hooked up, so much power. SO i took it on the black top. How do you keep the front end down???
    1. Put a 20 mm . . wait, better make that an 18 mm carb on it.

2. Strap a small child to the front fender.

3. Don't ride it.

3. Sell it and buy a 250r.

--
    Tell me about it, I just rode mine again after getting it back together and holy , I think I'm going to re-gear it to get more top end just to tame it down on the bottom...

--
    I've ridden 250r and that wasn't near the experience this was. It was humbling lol.

I think i really need to set the sag in the rear the most. I get on it and it almost bottoms out. My owners manual should be in any day. Did you all know the Owners Manual is still available from Kawi?

And i found the service manual and supplement at work WOOOT!

--
    I think i really need to set the sag in the rear the most. I get on it and it almost bottoms out.
    Didn't i tell you how to do suspension mods in your other thread or was that someone else?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanq55 View Post
    Tell me about it, I just rode mine again after getting it back together and holy , I think I'm going to re-gear it to get more top end just to tame it down on the bottom...
    Put the stock silencer back on it

--
    I thought the only manual for these things was the supplemental...

Quote Originally Posted by aramid View Post
    Put the stock silencer back on it
    Is the stock silencer really that restricitve???

I wish i had this bike when it was stock to see if the stuff i have on it really makes that big of a difference...
    -38mm carb
    -v-force reeds
    -PVL ignition
    -pod filter
    -DG pipe/silncer
    and when i had the motor apart it looks like someone took a die grinder to the ports and smoothed out the really rough stuff a little
    Last edited by Ryanq55; 01-29-2015 at 03:16 AM.

--
    I thought the only manual for these things was the supplemental...

Is the stock silencer really that restricitve???

I wish i had this bike when it was stock to see if the stuff i have on it really makes that big of a difference...
    -38mm carb
    -v-force reeds
    -PVL ignition
    -pod filter
    -DG pipe/silncer
    and when i had the motor apart it looks like someone took a die grinder to the ports and smoothed out the really rough stuff a little
    the supplemental manual is used for things that are not in the 84 - 85 manual as far as i know.

yes there is a noticeable difference between silencers on the stock pipe.

--
    the supplemental manual is used for things that are not in the 84 - 85 manual as far as i know.

yes there is a noticeable difference between silencers on the stock pipe.
    hmmm...interesting, just a really restrictive baffle? yea the supplemental is for the 86/87. Ive seen postings on ebay for a CD-ROM manual for the 86/87 but didnt know how legit it was. I bought one online from a website for $5 but after purchasing it, the link no workied

--
    hmmm...interesting, just a really restrictive baffle?
    yes plus the spark arrestor increases restriction . . the 84 - 85 has a tendency to ping, but if you put a regular straight thru silencer on it, the pinging is greatly reduced..

--
    if you really want to reduce front end lift you can get around a 2" - 2 1/2" longer swingarm . . this will also reduce traction slightly plus it will make it a little easier to slide . . it will also make the rear end noticeably softer though.

--
    if you really want to reduce front end lift you can get around a 2" - 2 1/2" longer swingarm . . this will also reduce traction slightly plus it will make it a little easier to slide . . it will also make the rear end noticeably softer though.
    Where in CA are you located ARAMID?
    Softer ride would be alright with me, I'm only about 150lbs I was actually contemplating on building an extended swing arm for it and getting a wider axle.

RAGAR, is your swing arm stock length and do you plan on extending it?
    Last edited by Ryanq55; 01-29-2015 at 03:16 AM.

--
    Atm, I think its stock? I need to get a close look at it. Extended may happen at some piont down the road, but we shall see.

No I havent even searched for info on the shock yet. like i posted earlier the owners manual is on it way and that should have good detail on set up for rider weight and such.

Someone here gave me links to the digital copies of the manuals. and they are awesome, have them on my phone!

In the dirt and snow it just spins, it on the black top it comes up hard, i think thats gonna happen no matter what.

I havent looked hard, but is there a thread on jetting these guys yet?

--
    Someone here gave me links to the digital copies of the manuals. and they are awesome, have them on my phone!

In the dirt and snow it just spins, it on the black top it comes up hard, i think thats gonna happen no matter what.

I havent looked hard, but is there a thread on jetting these guys yet?
    no, it will not come up hard with a longer swingarm.

the manual can't tell you how the ride feels to you . . it basically gives you simple instructions . . if you weigh over around 200 and ride half way fast then you need a heavier rear spring.

i gave you links to the manuals.

you jet them just like any other bike.

--

Where in CA are you located ARAMID?

Softer ride would be alright with me, I'm only about 150lbs I was actually contemplating on building an extended swing arm for it and getting a wider axle.

RAGAR, is your swing arm stock length and do you plan on extending it?
    so cal

for lighter rear you can set the damping settings to the lowest number and reduce the preload by around 6 turns and try that.

if the forks become too stiff you can remove the top spacer in the tubes and try that.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //