//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Elecrtical Problems ?

--

Elecrtical Problems ?

ok here it goes again... I cleaned out the mikuni carb thinking it was a fuel problem. A week ago I rode the trike up the street to my neighbors house got through 6 gears shut off the bike after 30 minutes could not kick over the bike. He towed me with a tractor and I jumped started it.

I get home noticed fuel leaking from fuel valve. Made some new gaskets for it and replaced fuel line.
    Still wont kick over. Replaced spark plug and it kicked over, ran the bike around the yard and the motor just completely shut down... no sputtering no smoke just shut off. I am thinkin it might be electrical ?

Can electrical problems cause a spark plug to go bad ? I have a multimeter and looking around my spare parts bin. I think I might have another CDI unit. I dont have the $$ to go out throwing parts at the bike and want to take a wise approach to this.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem and how would you go about it ? All I can think of electrical that could go wrong is Exciter coil, Spark Plug, CDI Unit, or Stator..... and check the ground which looked ok

I am not selling this ATC even if times are bad $$ for me. Any feedback will be appreciated.
    I have a digital multimeter and will let you know later if I find an extra cdi unit.

I am hoping its just an exciter coil. btw I know what your thinkin and yes there is plenty of oil in the motor......
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    I replaced the exciter coil and it seems to be ok. Time will tell as its intermittent. Luckily I had some spare electrical parts.
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

Russell 350X is offline Testicles between my toes at the devils backbone Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Sounds like a coil, they will seem ok till they get warm then lose spark.
    TF 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14!
    Raffa's IceFest 08, 09, 10,11,13!

SAY IT!!!!!BUD LIGHTS AND RED LIGHTS!!!!!!

--
    uhhh, what kind of machine? make, model, yr? engine mods if any?

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Andy, what do you own with a Mikuni NOW!!??
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //