//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: St. Anthony Idaho Dune riders?

--
    Those are some clean looking 250R's.

Ya, it has been unusually warm here too. It rained a couple days before I went down, so the sand was wet once you dug down a few inches or where the wind had blown the dry sand away, but the top few inches was dry sand for the most part. There was no snow at all when I was there. The day I went I think it was in the 60's, and possibly even reached 70 as the sun was shining. It made for a great day of riding...especially considering it was the beginning of February! I was tickled pink. I was kicking up dust on the dirt trails. I think the news said it was possibly record breaking temperatures at that time.
    A few wheelers, + an
    '73 Honda 49cc Mini Trail
    '85 200 Big WHEEL

"Despite the cost of living, its still popular."

--
    The day I went.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feb 7th 2015 Little Sahara.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	210250
    A few wheelers, + an
    '73 Honda 49cc Mini Trail
    '85 200 Big WHEEL

"Despite the cost of living, its still popular."

--
    Where abouts is st Anthony on a map...? Might want to stop in and check it out on the way back from the invasion this year...probably been driving right by it for the last 3 yrs..haha.
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    If you come up I-15, once you get into Idaho from Utah, get off on exit 143, make a right turn and its about 30 minutes to the dunes. Let me know when you are coming through and I can meet up with you. Whereabouts in Alberta are you located?

--
    good to know, im just north west of edmonton, was thinking of turning off at poccotello this year and heading south through nevada, not a huge fan of driving through utah haha.
    1985 Tri-Z-

--
    The 80 mile an hour speed limits on the freeways are nice though

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 84chevyguyid View Post
    The 80 mile an hour speed limits on the freeways are nice though
    They sure are..when there clearly marked, i have a little blue souvenir from iron county Sheriffs from a couple years ago when i took my 82' chev down....apperently there are no 100mph zones..... "sorry officer my spedo stops at 60 in this old truck...just going with the flow...Eh," they where pretty nice about it either way, my new truck with 4:10's starts drinking pretty good at 80...
    1985 Tri-Z-

--
    So whats the new truck?

--
    wondering about RV parks near the I-15. Planning to go out in about a month. Taking my 86 Tecate and my 84 250R. My son will ride the Blaster he likes (yuck), added some mods so it is a little more fun I suppose. My uncle and cousin go a couple times a year, my first year back riding I am going out. My dad and my son will be riding. My uncle insists it is the best as the dunes aren't very crowded. Looking forward to it

--
    There is camping at three different places at the dunes.
    http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/visit_an...and_Dunes.html. This one is first come first serve so no reservations. Its the best place to get on the dunes in my opinion as going west gets you right on the big dunes and going east gets you on smaller dunes which is good for beginners or general sand riding.

http://www.idahodunesrv.com/. This one is a few miles east of Egin Lakes. Never been to it so I dont know what its like. I think they take reservations.

http://www.thesandhillsresort.com/. This one is on the far east end of the dunes and is a nice place. Had friends stay there and they like it. Its about 5 miles to get to Egin Lakes and the start of the big dunes. Its right on the dunes and 100 feet will get you on the sand. You can also reserve spaces there too. I just started riding at the dunes again last year and havent stayed at any of them yet.
    Just north of the Sand Hills Resort there is a place that you can stay overnight but I have no idea what its like other than the fact that its right on the sand and is easy to get stuck in.

--
    I live close to the dunes as well. Only have been once though, when I had my 200x. Trying to get a group of friends together for this year. I'll probably be on two wheels this year.
    Now:
    84 200s
    -Current Mods: EBay 200x carb, No-Toil Filter, xr200 cam, 200x piston
    85 250SX
    86 200s
    04 KTM 300 EXC (mine)
    95 KDX 200 (wifes)

Then:
    82 Honda ATC 110
    85 200x K&N Filter, DG exhaust, Re-Jetted, EBC Racing Clutch
    87 TRX250X
    88 Honda NX250
    99 TRX 400 EX 440 Big Bore, Stage 2 Cam, Exhaust

--
    Let me know when you are planning a trip and I will see if I can go with you guys

--
    Made a quick trip to the dunes yesterday. got there at 5 pm and rode till 8, 3 hrs of fun!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xYl...ature=youtu.be
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1102.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	215206  

--
    Whats the weather usually like at the beginning of September up there? May be heading up there with the wife and kids for her interview at Bingham Memorial...

--
    By that time of year the days arent so hot, maybe in the 70's and the nights start getting pretty cool, maybe lows in the 40's. Fall is a great time here, usually no windy days to contend with spring time here. You bringing your wheeler?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //