//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 250r clutch problem

--

85 250r clutch problem

racing the havasu grand prix I lost my chain very hard going up a steep hill. It did not break cases(this time) but when I got the chain back on the clutch lever had no pressure.? When I finally got started and moving clutch was slipping horribly. I was on last lap so tried to finish without getting passed. one quad got by and I milked her in. I am finally getting around to looking at it and everything on right side of motor looks good. The clutch release arm is very tight and hangs up. Again no outside damage. so is the bearing screwd up? how do I pull bearing to see if that is the problem. The clutch release shaft is not bent, I tried it in another case and it turns freely. ANYONE HAVE ADVICE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT

--
    I'm stumped. I've broke a couple cases that actually broke that clutch pivot casting and the shaft would wobble around in there (I was 16, lol ).

No case damage, absolutely no arm damage? Could it have whacked that arm enough (without a mark) that the pivot took it but something happened on the other side??

I'd insert a metric rod and check the lower bearing real good and spin the rod, then off to the other side.

Does it have the 89 update kit??
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 01-29-2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: sp
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Just a guess, but you know there is a push rod in there, maybe it has been bent and binding things up. I'd pull the clutch cover, and pressure plate to check the push rod condition.
    ATC 110 79
    ATC 110 85
    ATC 250R 85 :cool
    US90 1970

--
    already pulled clutch cover. actually that's where I started and everything looks great on the right. once I removed pressure plate and push rod I tried to spin the clutch return arm and it is very tight then spin and gets tight again. It seems to be hanging up on something and I have all parts removed from other side. It should be loose except for return spring but its not. No 89 kit that I know of. This was a pile when I got it but motor ran great. I just had to do the standard bikes been sitting for 10 years seat, tires, chain and card overhaul. The prev. owner knew nothing....it had standard bolts all over motor mounts and frame bolts.

--
    i have figured this out. It appears that the chain smacked the case hard enough to barely ding the case in and made a small dent inside the clutch realease shaft. a little drilling and grinding in there and shaft is working smoothly again. well that's it. thanks for the info guys. c u all at the invasion

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //