//ArrowChat Code

Thread: CBR trike........??

--

CBR trike........??

So I have a buddy with a GSXR motor in his quad that he races, and I have been wanting to one up him for a while.

I can't use a GSXR motor because thats what he has. AND I have a crappy mid-90s CBR I wouldn't think twice about hacking up.

I have thought of the big motor swap into a Z, R or 350x frame, but would rather do something different. I've seen the pics on the modified photo archive page of the CBR turned 3 wheeler. Gotta say it looks pretty sick. I'm just curious if its ride-able. Looks pretty simple to build, swingarm that hold an axle with 2 wheels and some wider forks for the atv front tire. Obviously there will be more to it, but the concept seems simple.

SO I guess the question(s) is(are)...
    Anybody out there have one?
    Built one?
    Ridden one?
    Want to build one?
    Know of similar bikes?

Thanks,
    Mike

--
    been thinking the same thing, the swingarm will have to be built but almost any fab shop can do that, trips have to be built to the stem. it gets super expensive unless you have machine shop access, even materials are expensive unless you have a 250r donor trike - then your set. id stick with the cbr chasis its just far less work!
    Suzuki ALT 50: Skeeter
    Suzuki ALT 50: full suspension kit: the grasshopper
    Suzuki ALT 125: The Toad
    Suzuki ALT 160: Was a Quad runner 160: The Tri-Runner
    Suzuki ALT 185: The Warthog
    1979 Subaru brat: daily driver almost 400k runs strong

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

--
    its just gonna spin the rear tire, its too much power.

--
    na, a fully modded 700+cc banshee will smoke any street conversion, i saw it in person at dunefest. so if that banshee goes the cbr will too

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiirider View Post
    na, a fully modded 700+cc banshee will smoke any street conversion, i saw it in person at dunefest. so if that banshee goes the cbr will too
    I've never owned a banshee, so sorry if I make a fool of myself. But the biggest I've seen is I think a 610 cheetah motor. I've never heard of anything that big. If such thing does exist, I wanna see it.

My neighbor had a 495 cheetah motor in his all built up for hill climbing and the damn thing would over heat so quick it wasn't even fun to run. I could only imagine something that big.

--
    Either convert it or put it in a quad (I am not a fan of quads, but they have more room)

I came across a CBR bike with a paddle tire in the middle of Glamis one time, it was fast but didn't handle very well...LOL
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Fast forward to 5:16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN51qyXIEAQ

Guy brought this thing to TF 07. It was lethal.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    That thing was retardedly fast but it still gives me a smile to watch the video and know I had him till half track alteast with 1/3 of the HP...

--
    i saw a triple cylinder 700++ cc banshee at sandfest, the sky, i meant your pockets the limit with banshee motors! yea a small girl on a 600cc banshee won the unlimited class, the street bike quads got smoked bad by all the banshees i just couldnt believe a banshee could be so fast, smoked a hayabusa no competition

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

--
    Were you thinking of something like this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBR 600.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	210283
    http://vid573.photobucket.com/albums...psxxgbwaag.mp4
    I'm not bipolar I'm tripolar!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //