//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BRIMSTONE....three wheeler adventure!

--
    Don't forget to fill out your holidays at work for this ride. My wife and I have decided to stretch this ride out since it is about a 10 hour drive for us. We are planning on leaving the Saturday before and get a week and a bit of riding instead of the Wednesday to Monday trip we had planned earlier.
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'll tell you what bud, your in for it lol. I've rode the area plenty of times. They have some great trails. Open areas, some nice medium trails that offer a litte challenge but still enjoyable without getting into to bad of a situation. Fair warning tho, Brimstone is a 4x4 park. If you see a red trail, don't go. Or atleast take the time to see whats there. There are some nasy hill climbs. I've been on them with a 4x4 420 rancher with the grippiest tires, and it was an "easy" red trail. steep, rough, loose rock. There are other downhill sections where you have had to walk your bike through on its side. I think I might try coming up that way. I couldn't tell you where to go on the trails, but IO definitely would like to try it out on a trike for once. Just a heads up. Plus, if your going there on a weekend festival type deal, you'll need to be careful, Brimstone gets REALLY full. most of the higher speed Blue trails are wide enough for a bike on either side to easily pass by. Don't mean to sound like a mom lol I just know how the place can be, I've rode 4x4 and dirt bikes there and its a blast. course we always went during the week when nobody was there. I'll see if I can't make the trip. Hope you guys have a blast while your there. What do you plan on riding while your there?

--
    I have rode some pretty nasty trails, but always use caution. I don't want to destroy my ride, there is to much love in my trike, lol. I plan on bringing the 600x and possibly the 250sx, my wife will be on her 400ex.
    Hope you can make it out....

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper190 View Post
    I have rode some pretty nasty trails, but always use caution. I don't want to destroy my ride, there is to much love in my trike, lol. I plan on bringing the 600x and possibly the 250sx, my wife will be on her 400ex.
    Hope you can make it out....
    My apologies if I came off wrong in my comment. I dont mean to sound like im disregarding your riding abilities or overplaying mine or anything. It's just a place I never really thought to take trikes and wanted to make sure you knew, if you didn't already, what kind of place it is. Hate to have anybody make a big long trip to a riding area they may end up not liking. I hope the trip goes good for you. It will definitely be an enjoyable place to ride.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobMonster View Post
    My apologies if I came off wrong in my comment. I dont mean to sound like im disregarding your riding abilities or overplaying mine or anything. It's just a place I never really thought to take trikes and wanted to make sure you knew, if you didn't already, what kind of place it is. Hate to have anybody make a big long trip to a riding area they may end up not liking. I hope the trip goes good for you. It will definitely be an enjoyable place to ride.
    No worries at all, no offense taken. I have been told that it is a beautiful place to ride. It is always good to have different opinions...

--
    Camp site is booked, we are going to arrive Tuesday Sept 1 and leave the Monday. I reserved in the primitive side, $20 a night

--
    Almost a month away, I thought there would be a bit more interest in this ride from the things I have been told about the riding.

--
    We are on the home stretch now, my wife and I are going to stop at Haspin for a day of riding if any body wants to join, we will arrive on Sunday late afternoon-evening and be leaving on Tuesday morning to finish the drive to Brimstone. Hope to see some fellow trikers at these spots. Just look for the Ontario plates,

--
    In looking over the Brimstone website it sounds like great river fishing too, packing a pole this trip !
    Mrs. and I will be heading out Monday morning and ride Badlands in afternoon then head south 40 miles and "camp" at my brothers house for the evening.
    Head out Tuesday morning for Brimstone from Rockville, Indiana.

--
    The day has finally arrived! all loaded and ready for the trip, hopefully I will be able to meet some more fellow three wheeler brothers and sisters...Hope you can make the trip!

--

Got new neighbor's today

Demo rides, live band coming in,,, yeah this place is cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150902_185633.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	221074  

--

and beautiful scenery.

This area is a hunters paradise. Deer, boar, rabbit, coyotes, turtles plus critters we did not see but are there are rattle snake, bear, elk, panther,,,, I did not take a fishing pole so I missed some fine fishing
    Thanks Dave + Deanna for the hospitality and Jim + Kevin for being tour guide !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brimstone14.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	221340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brimstone 9.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1,001.7 KB 
ID:	221339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brimstone 6.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	878.4 KB 
ID:	221338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brimstone 5.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	221337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brimstone18.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	221341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brimstone27.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	946.5 KB 
ID:	221342  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brimstone28.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	877.8 KB 
ID:	221343  

--
    What a rush! I have rode some nasty trails, but that place takes first! The green trails even have some really technical parts, then you get to the blue that is doable on a trike but you are white knuckled, even got on a red that was really nasty, lol and had to turn around. They had lots of rain during the beginning of the season which washed out almost every hill and with the side by sides, they are adding to the ruts. It just makes it for an interesting ride. The wild life and scenery make up for the difficult terrain. Turned a lot of heads and lots of "thumbs up" on the trails, I am really glad we made the trip!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //