//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Your Primary Work Space

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    My garage is in a semi-permanent state of organized confusion. I have/can make room too work, but I have so many irons in the fire I don't get time to rearrange the garage. The wife finally bagged a decent paying job that for all purposes appears to be permanent, so I cleared a 40 x 80 spot of trees and brush for the future out building. Haven't decided if it will be a pole barn or stick framed with a footing. We have a high water table here and some of the neighbors have had their posts lift on their pole barns if the ground freezes and the water is up. One neighbor had his deck posts lift. There's a combination of things I can do to combat this problem, but it makes the build a bit more expensive, so my building is planned 2 years out. I like to do it right the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Not in this weather yikes, I can only imagine what it's like up north. Us Cajuns don't know what to do when the temp drops below 40. Schools are closed I half of the state because we might get freezing rain.
    Jmoozy27 I hear ya. We get cold but this winter has been a bit skewed. I believe we have had 2 days above 15 degrees this year and those 2 days it rained. This has made it completely unridable here. Anyone who knows anything about the "snowbelt" will understand. Here in ol' Ashatabula, Oh we had about 18" on the ground, then it lightly rained for about 3 hours and the temp went straight to -10 degrees. Then in the next 8 hours we got another 15" of snow. this leaves 15" of powder/ an inch of ice (to break through) then a settled 10" of powder again. This result in something you simply can't get through. Buddy with a sled can't ride without spikes. as fro the cold it was -6 in the garage when I was replacing the clutch arm and putting the timberwolf clutch in the DX. So it was cold and cramped.

Mosh I am completely jealous. I won't even show a pic of my work station. in that 16x24 I have 3 tool boxes, a 30sq ft freezer, a fridge, a 6 1/2' x 10' rack to put 2 atv's on (and one under), 2 dressers for storage, a work bench, a table saw, a tire changer, a drill press, 4 ATV's (200x, DX, lt185, raptor 150), my KLR, Husky 125, Scorpa 250, TTR 125, rototiller, the ol' Cub Cadet,and about 10 or 11 bicycles (I do Ironman triathlons). Noone has ever said they made the garage too big. Father-in-law just made a 36x60 garage with 16 foot ceilings and it took him a week before he said he should have gone 72' (and this is his 3rd garage). Now when weather breaks I have to go help him put a 20x30 second floor inside it. To quote LA Guns, "It's never enough".

--
    No tvs in my shop..they are a chock in front of the wheels of progress.
    Yeah, there isn't too much on there that I want to look at. As far as information, and news, I have an old radio and it mostly just plays old Honky Tonk Songs & David Allan Coe.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    NO TV!!!!!!!! Holy blackout Batman!!!!!!!! I couldn't function out there without my laptop and TV. They are always on.

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Yeah, there isn't too much on there that I want to look at. As far as information, and news, I have an old radio and it mostly just plays old Honky Tonk Songs & David Allan Coe.
    I agree with Jmoozy.... No TV. Just an old boom box (with only one speaker left), 'cept for me it's old 80's hair bands on it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    NO TV!!!!!!!! Holy blackout Batman!!!!!!!! I couldn't function out there without my laptop and TV. They are always on.
    The humidity would kill all valuable electronic equipment and I would be replacing them instead of 30yr old ATC components. If I need quick response information I can always rely on my cell phone if it would ever work right. Low on storage, but it has all of the ATC manuals saved.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky250 View Post
    I agree with Jmoozy.... No TV. Just an old boom box (with only one speaker left), 'cept for me it's old 80's hair bands on it.
    Okay, I have a confession, my radio looks old and has a record player on top, but it also has an aux cord plugged to a tablet and that's where all of the old Hank songs are coming from. Technology, just makes things so easy...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--

The garage cabinet fairy visited my house last night. Commercial grade wall cabinets, base cabinets, and counter tops. All for the price of a home cooked meal. Even though he'll never see this I can't thank my buddy Steve enough.

--
    For the motorsport toys I just have a carport (with a Jeep project stuck in the way) with a toolbox tucked away on the side. No real comfortable workspace, especially when it's cold and wet out. I need a large shed
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    Getting my asse in gear. More to come and soon it will look like a different garage.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Getting my asse in gear. More to come and soon it will look like a different garage.

Wow, that doesn't look like the same garage I was in last week! Nice job man!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post

Looks good, if you painted the walls bright gloss white, 2-part epoxied the floor, and added some lights under the cabinets you would be in the running for the-
    Best shop trophy!
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Man that looks good...Need to do that to mine

--
    Thanks fellas. The walls will be white, but the floor is in no condition to coat. It's cracked and sunk a few inches in the back of the garage and needs to be mudjacked back to level. The only problem is just about everything in the garage is built with the slope in mind so if the floor is raised, everything will have to be modified to accomodate.

I'm getting ready to put up four more of the big wall cabinets on the back wall just like the ones above my tool box so that should give me about 12 more feet of cabinet space. I'm also getting a space ready to house my new 1940's Sebastian 12x36 geared head lathe. No more Harbor Freight junk lathe once this one is installed. Once the walls and cabinets are done, electrical outlets ran, junk has been thrown away, and the lathe is installed, I'm going to keep my eye out for a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift table coupon and use that for my assembly table.

DSHOT59 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have a tractor trailer box that is my main work space for most of my toys, started out being plenty big but I`m running out of room rapidly. Guess I just have to much chit what can I say I can`t pass up a deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image07012013210601.jpg   Image11032013154556.jpg   db-4.jpg   Image042220142036591.jpg   Image01032015141828.jpg  
    No trike left behind
    1983 Ytm 200
    1983 Honda 200
    1982 Honda 185s
    1983 odyssey fl 250
    1987 yz 250

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //