//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: aluminum ATC 70 build

--
    Very nice!!!

--
    Are you going to build aluminum forks too? This 70 would look sweet with all that aluminum polished for the final product! Would need sun glasses just to look at it!
    Mixing gas and haulin' ass

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-Ported/Polished, PWK 39mm, V-force 3's, Outerwears air box lid, FMF fatty with DG silencer, DWT wheels, LSR +4 axle, all black plastics
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Samjp22 View Post
    Are you going to build aluminum forks too? This 70 would look sweet with all that aluminum polished for the final product! Would need sun glasses just to look at it!
    If you buy the front suspension kit it would still be all shiny and go with the theme. Unless he changed his mind he's not polishing any of the aluminum. I already asked. Like you said, it would look sick with a polished frame.

--
    Where did you get the gas cap & bung?

Thanks in advance.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buckit14 View Post
    Here's a couple more of the gas tank. Welded up and ground down with a threaded fitting for the gas cap.
    Man...I gotta learn how to work sheet aluminum like that! That turned out really really nicely.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

--
    I had the bung machined at work and eventually I'll have the cap made as well. I'm going to use the steel forks because I don't want to add suspension to this one. If I could make aluminum folks that looked like stock i would but I haven't figured out a way to get them to look right. If enough people want to see it polished I might have to try a polish it up a bit.
    Follow on Instagram @buckit14

--
    The whole reason I started this project was for me to learn about some of the machine we have that I don't normally use. The gas tank has been a fun project for me to learn on. I haven't done the machining on this project but hopefully I'll get back on the lathe and mill soon.

--
    Here's a picture of the frame as it sits right now. I'm working on some gussets and the seat bracket right now. I don't think I mentioned before that the frame is extended about 2.5".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InstaSize_2015_1 _ 162283.jpg  

--
    This is awesome you do fantastic work. Are you making templates so you can reproduce these frames? I'm sure some members on here would be interested in one if the price wasn't astronomical. In my head I'm picturing this polished then anodized gold with black plastic.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Heeeyyyyy!! Glad to see you're here on the forum, man!! I've been meaning to ask you if you were because this is a killer build!

92 JP Outlaw hybrid (in progress)

87 LT265R (not much left stock)
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    I could make more of these frames but it would cost a lot of money and shipping wouldn't be cheap. I don't think enough people would pay just to save a few pounds on a 70. Anodized gold would look great but its not in the budget for me unfortunately.

--
    Ya CJ I wanted to make sure I had a good start before bringing the project to 3ww.

--
    Today I made the rear seat bracket. Tomorrow it should be welded to the frame along with the brace for inside the frame. It will be welded between the lower motor mounts and the bearing carrier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InstaSize_2015_1 _ 17580.jpg   IMG_20150217_145453273.jpg  

--
    Very nice!What will the finish be?

--
    Everything made of aluminum will most likely be bare brushed aluminum. Anything steel will be painted black or grey and the fenders will be some red ones I have that I'll cut down since they're in rough shape. I'd like to get a blue set one day because I think it would look really good with the aluminum.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //