//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: aluminum ATC 70 build

--
    Did you see the blue fiberglass fenders mr twisted made for ditch? It's a pretty cool style, didn't see any mounted yet though.

--
    No I haven't seen them. I'll have to do a search for them. I was thinking the electric blue fenders from Maier would look good but I'd rather get an 88cc kit. The budget on this is really tight and I'd rather have more power instead of nice fenders
    Follow on Instagram @buckit14

--
    You wanting to stay all Honda ? Poweroll makes stroker cranks for these or you could get the cylinder resleeved so you could bore it out to 90cc's
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I was thinking I would just buy a basic cheap 88 kit and use the stock head. Like I said I'm on a tight budget. I want would like to keep as much Honda as I can but I need some extra power as cheap as possible.

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Powroll built "CRF50" would be the hot ticket but $$$$

The 88 kit and a bit of port massaging will wake them up. Or talk to 1upfront, Hartley, he had a NASTY little 70 mill in his before he went to a PW50 engine

92 JP Outlaw hybrid (in progress)

87 LT265R (not much left stock)
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    You can use a ct or SL timing advance flywheel and mounting plate to gain some more power on the top end but it will have to be drilled to accept the recoil starter cage. Going to a bigger carb will help too. Leave the base gasket out that will help on the compression and get a piston for a bike they are higher compression. The SL heads if I remember right have a bigger intake valve than the atc's
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Thanks for the tips I'll have to look into some of those options.

--
    I got the seat brackets finished up and did some test fitting. The tank mounts are next then the tank can get finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150219_150401249.jpg   IMG_20150219_150308339.jpg  

--
    So I know I said I wasn't going to but I decided this build needed some aluminum forks since everything else will be aluminum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150220_134728932.jpg  

--
    beautiful work man!
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

--
    I am coming in late to this build, you are doing a fantastic job!!!
    I am how ever worried about the strength. The steel frames already bend and flex
    bad enough as is. I truly wonder if the aluminum will be up to the test.

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

Toaster556 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    You can use a ct or SL timing advance flywheel and mounting plate to gain some more power on the top end but it will have to be drilled to accept the recoil starter cage. Going to a bigger carb will help too. Leave the base gasket out that will help on the compression and get a piston for a bike they are higher compression. The SL heads if I remember right have a bigger intake valve than the atc's
    +1 on the SL head. Other factory big valve heads are the CT70Hs, XL70s, CL70s and S65. DR Atv also sells a high compression 88 cc kit that would work extremely well with the big valve head, and a new version of the big valve head as well.

That tank looks awesome, I wish I could work aluminum like that!

--
    Thanks guys. I think the aluminum should hold up OK since I used material twice as thick or more than the steel frame. I know some people have had problems with their frames but my stock 70 has put up with everything I've thrown at it. Also if it does crack I'll just fix it and make it stronger.

--
    That looks great

--
    i found this build on instagram. currently have a atc 70/125 and is hands down my favorite trike of the bunch. im currently a 2nd year fabricator myself but wow man youve got some skills!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //