//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help With 85r Slow Jet Broken?

--
    You mean Shindy?? And yes, it should pull and pull..... 165 is pretty low. Tear it down and bore it a size or two.

Make sure the crank is good, they spin fastest when they're about to blow up.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    El Camexican
    Thanks again for the info...and yes, the fuel line is hooked to the fuel inlet not the overflow. I will try to clean the seat better and use the bench test method also. I'm out of town for a few days, so I will have a new float by the time I get home as well. About how big is the orifice of the valve seat supposed to be? By looking...it's hard to tell, but mine appears to be slightly smaller than the tip of my valve.

The throttle does snap closed against the idle screw and I can actually see the slide moving with idle adjustments. I just didn't see the correlation between the two before (I'm a newb...sorry). The thumb throttle also had about 1/4" of play lock-to-lock...I think I'm good there.

Dirtcrasher
    Yes, I meant Shindy (typo). I'm sure that you are right, and a tear down is in order...I just want to be able to ride this thing a little before I take it completely apart. Thanks for the heads up.

--
    Food for thought. With all the time + money you have been spending on this carb which could end up being a fruitless endeavor I offer the following....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-PWK-3...d8ae53&vxp=mtr

That's the carb I bought for my 85R (great deal really) and seller I bought it from (nice guy). The 38MM is a breeze to tune plus you get the advantage of it being new and fresh....carry on.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

Onetrackmind is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks yaegerb!

PM sent.

Marty is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    The carb you have if it is an 85 atc 250r is a round slide. Carb is good but not as efficient as a well flowing 86 atc 250r flat slide or even a 38mm air Stryker.
    Yes your compression is a bit low and I believe in Honda manual is states 180-185lbs but could be wrong but also know 85 atc 250r was the highest compression 250r ever made including all the trx 250R's as well. And I want to say my 85 atc was at 190lbs of compression when I owned it.
    I think or believe you are not getting that arm pulling power from your atc 250r because your jetting is so off once you get jetting dialed in your atc will feel like a different bike. But this is just a thought if you have the money consider having it dyno tuned. It will make your life so much better no more guessing what jets work better but you also huge time saver!

--
    Thanks Marty
    I ordered an Aristiker yesterday (thanks for all the help so far yaegerb! ) to start fresh on the carb side of things. While I'm waiting for it to come in, I think I will pull the jug and go ahead and do the top end. That's another job that I have never tackled...so standby for another "PLEASE HELP!!!" Thread

The rear caliper is still an issue to. I've got fluid seeping from the PB housing...I think I've got a bad O-ring in there. Got it coming too.

If anyone knows of a good machine shop in the DFW area, I may be in the market for a fresh bore.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //