//ArrowChat Code

Thread: throtle cable

Legns is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

throtle cable

I have a 85 250es big red that I recently replaced my carb with one of those Chinese carbs. It works fantastic and is a great alternative while I rebuild the original carb. but now the throttle cable is to long by about 1in to 1 1/2 does anybody know of any alternatives I can use. I have rigged up to work but its not to safe. Any advise would be great thanks

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Legns View Post
    I have a 85 250es big red that I recently replaced my carb with one of those Chinese carbs. It works fantastic and is a great alternative while I rebuild the original carb. but now the throttle cable is to long by about 1in to 1 1/2 does anybody know of any alternatives I can use. I have rigged up to work but its not to safe. Any advise would be great thanks
    Maybe you can try and reroute the cable so it takes a slightly longer course
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Maybe you can try and reroute the cable so it takes a slightly longer course
    Tried that already the issue is the cable in the sheathing seems to be to long. If I get the cable to reach and not attached every time I steer the throttle goes up and that could be bad or fun depending on how you look at it

--
    So the sheath is too long? Could you add in a short length of brake tubing as a "sheath extension", maybe with a compression fitting to couple to the cable (like the kart racers use to terminate throttle cables)?
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    Call Motion Pro and/or Terry Cable they may be able to help.

I would just shorten it, but I am not comfortable explaining how to do it on the internet. (But many people have) Google search.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    thanks for the input ill try the brake tubing see if that works this is a temp thing any way until I get the original carb rebuilt and back in place.

--
    Call the local motocross shops. Even some of the old Harley style shops can do this. Take the bike to them and they can make you a custom cable to fit exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //