//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I hate electrical problems, Big Red.

--
    There is someone who rebuilds them on EBAY for a good cost. The link was here at 3WW.....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    It's the starter, I check a few different ones on a good charged battery and they all work but this one. New ones are only $100 from my vendor.

--
    I've been buying starters from DB Electrical on EBay for about 40 bucks. They are all coming from China these days anyway.

--
    Sometimes they sell starter rebuild kits but if it's really smoked inside your better off spending the money and if your spending over $70 make sure it comes with a warranty.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    I've been buying starters from DB Electrical on EBay for about 40 bucks. They are all coming from China these days anyway.
    It's hard to believe how cheap they sell them for, what the heck I'm going to try one. Thanks!

--
    It makes one wonder how much the retailers really pay for them.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingw View Post
    It makes one wonder how much the retailers really pay for them.
    I don't know, but I have some meds I have to take and I don't have insurance. CVS gives me a discount so it's $168 a month. My wife found a coupon that got it down to $60 for the same thing same place, then she took the same coupon to Wal-Mart and it was $19! For the same thing. Now I have lowered my over head to almost nothing and since I have been dealing with my vendors over 30 years I get pretty good pricing, but I have way less profit then these drug dealers!

The good new my Big Red starts so easy now, thanks to you guys and the super low prices. Thanks!

--
    ALRIGHT MICKEY!!! That's why we're here.

--
    Just saw this post as i searched for an answer to why my electric starter would not work. I went looking through everything including a new battery, solinoid, checked the main fuse, checked neutral and reverse switches under the right side of the motor, handlebar switch, and also bench tested my starter and it tested good on the bench. However after looking at this post and talking to FlyingW, i decided to try a different starter. Thank god that was the problem because i really didnt want to mess with the wiring. Just wanted to post this because i would have never thought after bench testing the original starter it would still be a bad starter. Not much else i could have checked.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Im sort of in the same scenario,starter button will not activate starter ,,,,,,I do receive a spark jumping polls on the solenoid ,therefore engaging starter.Do you have a head light on your trike that hide the wires for your starter button and their connections.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //