//ArrowChat Code

Thread: how to test atc 185s lightning coil

--

how to test atc 185s lightning coil

Hello everyone!!! I have been a member here for about 15 plus years and have always been a huge trike fan!! Recently the lights stopped working on my 1982 ATC 185s fully restored which I will post pics soon!!! I would like to know which is the easiest way to test the lightning coil?..... also if its bad I saw Ricky Stator makes one but I would need a regulator how do I hook that up if my coil is bad? Thank You everyone for your help.
    Honda Atc 185-toy/snow beast!
    KX250f-race bike
    Klx110-pit bike

--
    I know the kill switch and light switch are separate would a fault light switch cause this? I checked all the wires they seem fine... the manual says to check the continuity between the yellow wore and a ground on frame is this correct if anyone can chime in ??? thanks everyone
    KX250f-race bike
    Klx110-pit bike

--
    I also tested the continuity between the yellow wire and a ground on the frame and it was ok..... so to be sure I dunno if that works I took off the flywheel and tested continuity on the lightning coil by the 2 screws that it bolts onto the stator plate... does that work? I checked all wires my only question I guess will a faulty light switch cause no lights please help fellow trikers !!!! I wanna keep another one going since we are a dieing breed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KX250f-race bike
    Klx110-pit bike

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //