//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Crankshaft Bearings

--

Crankshaft Bearings

Quick question ........ I removed some pretty bad bearings from engine today. It sounded like there full of sand.

Went and purchased new. I did have originals with me so the guy knew what I needed. Now when I get home they did not match. What he gave me were bearings like I would use for my wheels.

Is this going to be an issue, or is it safe to use?

--
    Bearings from inside the engine are open faced so the oil can lubricate the bearing efficiently. Did you tell the guy that they were going in an engine?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Bearings from inside the engine are open faced so the oil can lubricate the bearing efficiently. Did you tell the guy that they were going in an engine?
    I did tell him what the bearings were from, however, I don't remember saying they were from the crank shaft.

My Bad.

Thanks

--
    Are they rubber sealed or metal shielded type? You can remove either to make it an open bearing, but the rubber seals are easier to remove though. Just use a small flathead screwdriver and pop the seals out, then wash out all the grease so it won't interfere with the oil you use. I have done this before, the crank bearings in my IT425 had rubber seals when I bought them from my local electric motor rebuilder.
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //