//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: replacment 200x shock

frankydodo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    100% right.

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by deathman53 View Post
    what did you have to do for the 300ex swingarm? Seams like a very reasonable thing for us 86/87 200x owners with rare/expensive axles, expensive carriers and discontinued axle hardware, also very hard to find swingarms. You can easily mod a 85-89 250r brake on it or put a 450r setup right on it. I have a 86-89 250r brake on mine, 83-84 250r extended axle, Rad carrier, 83-84 250r brake hub w/ brake disc cut down 20mm(did at home with grinder, not perfect, but close enough) and a set of spacer to move out the caliper(83-84r brake discs sit further off than 86/87 200x or 85-89 250r). I did have to heat up the 85-89 250r caliper plate to put a bend in it.
    I cut/ground the axle tube off and ground the swingarm (it is thinner than the x) then put a few gussets on it and welded it back together. Actually I did the cutting/grinding then eyeballed and marked (with a sharpie) exactly how I wanted it back together and gave it to a buddy who welded it back together. Was a lil tricky getting the bearings back in. If you know a machinist this will be a lil easier of if you have some honking big drill bits. It really was easier than I thought it would be. I think I used the stock brake caliper and bade a adapter plate with some aluminum plate. I have don this with my super-ttr and my buddy's gaggas quad and it is super easy. I start with a bunch of cardboard and make a template and then go onto the metal fab after I am satisfied it looks good enough. I ended up buying the swinger on flea-bay for less than 20 bucks and scored a SWEET Lonestar +4 axle (brand new) for around $60 (yeah I got lucky on that one). I did have to drop some normal money on the carrier bearing but hey,whatcha gonna do? It literally took me 3 days. one day to cut grind and measure. The next day took it to work and gave it to my bud. He welded it in less than 10 minutes (so he said)(I really need a welder) and brought it back to me the next day. Last day was spent grinding the bearings back into it and painting, voila.... ATC 200E"X" swinger. Somewhere on here is a thread as I was doing it.

--
    83-84r shock fits, i have one on my x, in my opinion buy a used x shock off ebay that isnt blown, they go cheap and work great once you dial it in, the x suspension is actually really good
    Suzuki ALT 50: Skeeter
    Suzuki ALT 50: full suspension kit: the grasshopper
    Suzuki ALT 125: The Toad
    Suzuki ALT 160: Was a Quad runner 160: The Tri-Runner
    Suzuki ALT 185: The Warthog
    1979 Subaru brat: daily driver almost 400k runs strong

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jrooster View Post
    has anyone found a replacement 200x shock? through my searching i have found a few sport bike shocks with very close eye to eye dimensions and have similar mounting ends. going to be trying a gsxr 600 shock next week that about 1/4 higher than the 200x shock.
    Why not have a shop rebuild the 200x shock? Its actually a decent suspension when set up properly.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    agreed^
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Suzuki ALT 50: Skeeter
    Suzuki ALT 50: full suspension kit: the grasshopper
    Suzuki ALT 125: The Toad
    Suzuki ALT 160: Was a Quad runner 160: The Tri-Runner
    Suzuki ALT 185: The Warthog
    1979 Subaru brat: daily driver almost 400k runs strong

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

--
    Because its a 30 years old shock that people ask 100$ for while you can get a 5yr old one for half the price. im talking for me because is quebec people ask crazy price for trikes and trikes part. I saw 200x blown shock for 100. And even saw blown one without the linkage and the nitrogen bottle or 120! Some people are crazy. And when i checked on ebay i'm seeing gsxr or bandit low miles shock for like 75$ shipped to me

--
    Interesting....here's 3 examples with free shipping with buy it now prices that won't break your wallet.
    1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-1984-19...3f8d49&vxp=mtr
    2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-1984-19...522463&vxp=mtr
    3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Honda-A...184bac&vxp=mtr

After you purchase one of those for the price of a 1/2 tank of gas, send it over to Andy at Maultech racing. Helluva nice guy and has cheap rebuild prices (charged me 75 for inspection, shim stack rebuild, oil and nitro charge). http://www.maultechatv.com/home.php

So, you can spend 25 more to have a shock that was designed for your bike, in OEM working condition that is for off road use.

--
    I get shocks rebuild all the time for like $50. I take them all the new parts newly coated spring or shock body say put it together with oil new bump stop and nitrogen....you can rebuild your factory shock for like 40-75 depending who or if you do it. why would you buy another 30 year old shock...people are not smart.

--
    Because mine was blown and when i started disasambling all my trike. The bolt flange where the bottom linkage bolt was cracked.

--
    id love to have the orignal shock rebuilt. ive called a few local places and they dont want anything to do with it. anyone on here that knows a guy that will do it ill defiantly check into. again on buying a used 200x shock on ebay, its probably just as bad as the one i have. always a gamble buying somthing that old used.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jrooster View Post
    id love to have the orignal shock rebuilt. ive called a few local places and they dont want anything to do with it. anyone on here that knows a guy that will do it ill defiantly check into. again on buying a used 200x shock on ebay, its probably just as bad as the one i have. always a gamble buying somthing that old used.
    I posted a link above for quality shock rebuilding. Go to their site, call the shop number and ask for Andy.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    I posted a link above for quality shock rebuilding. Go to their site, call the shop number and ask for Andy.
    i did check out the link. says rebuilds are 125 plus shipping both ways. easily looking at 150. seems fair. thanks for the link.

--
    I just talked to Andy earlier this week about getting a 200x shock rebuilt. Said a week to week and a half turn around and seems like a very knowledgeable and friendly guy.
    1985 250r
    1985 200s
    1984 200x
    bandito x2
    1979 atc70
    Trikefest 2012,13,14,15

--
    Slot of time a simple oil change and recharge will have it back in decent enough condition to ride for a couple of years depending on ride frequency. Shop over here charges 15 bucks and it makes a huge difference.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I get shocks rebuild all the time for like $50. I take them all the new parts newly coated spring or shock body say put it together with oil new bump stop and nitrogen....you can rebuild your factory shock for like 40-75 depending who or if you do it. why would you buy another 30 year old shock...people are not smart.
    Where do you go?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //