//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250R short track tank surgery.

--

250R short track tank surgery.

I think this plastic gas tank repair fits the Mad Scientists Lair well enough,,,
    A fellow board member asked if I could do something with the hole in this sorta hard to come by fuel tank. I mentioned I had fixed a couple metal gas tanks with the resins we use in the hobby room and that I really enjoy one off type of projects so here we are.
    A rare plastic fuel tank with a crease and hole.
    Using a bolt/nut/fender washer combo I got most of the crease pulled back into place. Removed damaged plastic around hole, coated inside and out with a special bonding agent for our resins, made a cupped cap out of clay to cover the outside of the tank hole area.
    Mix'd up 42 grams of fuel proof resin, colored to my wife's liking ( I suck at matching colors) and poured inside the tank.
    Let it set up, removed the clay that was on the outside to reveal a nicely formed blob of plastic that is a one piece pour from inside to outside
    Tomorrow that blob will be dermal grinded to form the contour of tank then sanded down in various steps to 2500 grit wetsand (this particular stuff polish's out nicely).
    Owner indicated he was going to polish up the tank before mounting.
    Yeah, it will survive to race some more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tank 2.jpg   tank 7.jpg   tank 6.jpg   tank 1.jpg   tank 3.jpg   tank 4.jpg  

tank 5.jpg  

--
    Looks amazing as always Superman. We were talking last week what an amazing asset you are to the community. I frankly said,,,you have NO idea lol... Anyhow. As always John,,what a pleasure to see your surgery! It literally looks like an operating room and a patient! Thanx for sharing
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Wow, nice repair there John! I would have never thought to make a repair quite like that, great thinking!

kaymo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    most excellent

--

Time for wet sanding

Held vacuum test okay. Going to were sand and then a pressure test,,,, after a nap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150301_113833.jpg  

--
    Thats cool. I didn't know that could be done.

--
    Great work!
    Do you do this for a living? Molds & resins, ETC.?
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Im watching.....
    An F-16 turned the after burners on and banked HARD over my house, I ran outside grabbed my Bud Light and Yelled as loud as I could................

GIT IT RAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"MR.Clean"

New 10 inch wheel buy http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...12#post1258412

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    Great work!
    Do you do this for a living? Molds & resins, ETC.?
    Just a hobby I picked on about 6 years ago when I needed a Tecate intake boot. Truck Driver by trade.

--
    With all the things you create i thought you and your wife did it for a living. Keep it up.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    John, you are now a certified surgeon..
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    That's some good work there. You will have to make sure he posts a pic of the finished tank.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--

Lurker ): !

Quote Originally Posted by Xowner View Post
    Im watching.....

Not exactly a perfect color match,,, but no hole.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3756.JPG  

--
    Nice job John.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //