//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 84 200x.

frankydodo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Ill be running 20's in the back so i will play with the gearing

--
    the 250 is just 1-2hp more than the ohv. remember your dealing with Chinese not Honda that means parts are not consistent. and that means hp numbers are not going to be what you would want. you have to spend a good amount of change and time to get that motor into the 20hp range. I double stock for stock it's not at the power of a 200x original motor just do to the quality and designs. the compression on that is going to be lower. that means less power. the cam is not going to be as well laid out so that's less power and the valves will be smaller than they should so there is more power gone.

hope that helps. We races Chinese motors for a few years and well it's not easy nor cheap to make them reliable and perform. in the end a named brand motor would have been a better choice.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by frankydodo View Post
    I just saw the numbers for the pushrod version of the lifan 200cc and it says 16hp. I know its not whp but i tought that the 250cc ohc would have a little more than the 200 ohv...no?
    the Chinese are NEVER telling the truth. that I can promise you. I would be surprised if it had 12-13hp. if they told you the truth ever, would you buy from them? you buy a Chinese motor for the price not the performance, any other reason your fooling yourself. I promise you this. We were sponsored by a manufacturer. they always lie and always go the cheapest route possible on EVERYTHING no mater what it is.

don't get me wrong, you'll have fun and yes the electric start will be nice. you can also order a complete wiring harness form where you got it from with all electronics and switches. I highly recommend you spend the $65-$85 and do that. don't worry about performance. enjoy the motor and ride your trike. you got the motor because it was what you could afford and it gets you riding. just stick to that and you'll enjoy it. if you try to do performance route, you'll hate yourself.

want real performance? get a 150R or even a 250R motor and drop one of them into that trike. See what happens. the 150R is about 28hp form the factory stock and the 250r is 35-38. (modern 4-stroke motors is what I am referring too)

--
    Well thanks for the answer oscar! Yes i did buy the wiring harness to make the job easier. I really curious and i think this summer ill take my trike on a shop that has a dyno to see the real number. Also i do not race my trike its only going to be trail/wood riding to have some fun. This is my 5th trike and i had fun with my 185s, 200m so i bet ill have fun with this one! I also keep in mind that next year ill be hunting for a 250r or 350x so even if my 200x doesnt have "that" much power its not that bad

--
    If someone already did the wiring check this out. I took the lifan 200cc wiring diagram and an hour later with the little help of my friend ms paint i did this

Some of you may recognize symbol from atc wiring diagram haha. But i made the simplest wiring diagram..well i think? If someone spot an error or something i could do better just tell me !

-I run a DC cdi
    -i will add a key switch
    - i bought a 7/8 ignition/starter/light switch ( like a 200e/m/es)

--
    I put a Lifan E start OHC in my son`s `83 X. Full disclosure.... its 198cc as opposed to the 192cc the stock X was built with.

I experienced a really noticeable difference in the power of the Lifan over the stock X mill on a refresh.

granted it wasn't anywhere close to a claim of 22-24 HP but it did have considerably more torque and my cammed X had trouble walking away and leaving that Lifan in the dust (although I weigh 70lbs more than my son so maybe it`s not faster cuz I`m a fatass)

I got the new Lifan in a trade for some MC stuff and after my son trashed his X lower end, I threw the Lifan in as a temp motor so he could ride. We have forty hours plus on it so far and he`s honestly tried to destroy it but it keeps banging away. We were both impressed because neither of us are big fans of anything Chinese except a buffet so it was a pleasant surprise when we were mean to it and it held up regardless.

not a bad experience for about $300 investment. It came with a new regulator rectifier, CDI box, coil, solenoid, and a harness for a shift light indicator too. The instructions were poorly translated so I did something similar to what you did....put two Honda schematics together to make one.

I used my stock 200X wiring harness modified with bits from a 125M harness I had laying around so I could graft in the E-start goodies and use the 125M handlebar switches with the E-start button. Removed the airbox to make room for a battery box and just use a pod filter for now. We plan on fabbing a new airbox and intake though so he can ride the woods/creeks more often. Pod filters are no good against water and mud.

--
    There is alot of good review of lifan being more powerful than the stock x. I've never ridden a 200x only 185s and 200m. And a guy i sold parts swapped a crf 230 engine in his x and he welded a 400ex battery tray so he could keep stock airbox!

--
    I would love to take a cr250R engine and drop that into an X. The newer are electric start. With stock 38 hp before any mods that rat would stomp all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I checked to swap a cr125 engine in the 200x. Sure it should be alot of fun but the frame was not design for that kind of engine/exhaust. You have to cut the frame in the front and make new tubing....none of the engine mount are good.

But yeah...i bet thats one hell of a good swap

--
    Well was kinda lucky today. I wanted new wheels for the 200x and checked online and i had my eye on a set of alba racing black beadlock rim. They were 275 shipped to my house. Off course without tire. Add another 200$............ but!

Was cheking kijiji on quebec ( craigslist in quebec ) and just wrote 4x110 rim in the search bar and find a guys 10km from me selling some black beadlock 4x110 rim with tire for 100$. Clicked on the add and i saw that they were can am ds 450 xxc oem wheel. Love the model, call the guy and went to buy the wheel. I was surprised. The rim are in really good condition, 1 or 2 paint chip but hey...for 100$ its still a good deal. The tire are real itp holeshot at maybe 50% so good for at least 1 summer.

And then! The guy ask me if i want some 4snow tire also? Im like s*** i only bring 100$ with me. Then he told me nahhh you want them? Take them or ill put them in the garbage. Cool show me! Was even more impressed ! The 4snow are like 80% still good they doesnt even have 1/2 winter ride !

So i bought

2 beadlock rear wheel with 2 holeshot and 2 4snow for 100$

Made my day!

Will give them a clean wash and when the x will be ready ill put those babies on
    Last edited by frankydodo; 04-06-2015 at 09:23 PM.

--
    you live in quebec ? where are you located? I live in Quebec too

--
    Terrebonne near montreal! You?

--
    I meant CFR250R the 4-stroke with electric start.

--
    Ahhh i see. I dont think those engine had the same pattern as the crf230 engine that is bolt-on on the atc frame.

--
    Bought some other parts yesterday

Trx 450r rear hub! I know they had 1-3/4 to 2 inch total. Tonight ill check the stock wheel and hub width vs my new hub and can am wheel width!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //