//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Project 84 200x.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by frankydodo View Post
    Well . Pretty sad news guys. Went for a little ride to break in the engine yesterday. I installed the chain and front brake. But i forgot that when i bought the engine the hose for the breather was ty-rapped so the pressure could not get out of the crankcase and this is what happens

The oil sight glass just pop out. Its not threaded it looks only pressed in. The engine is still good cause i saw the glass poping out and all the oil going on my pant lol. A friend of mine is going to weld a an aluminum plug on the clutch case so ill use the dipstick to check the oil level!
    Daammnn Franky!!!! Note to self: Let the fluckin crankcase breathe. It could be worse... It could have stopped running before you saw the oil on your pants. I like the new side cover idea as well. New motor needs to be like it came from the factory.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

frankydodo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Yeah. Ill call the shop where i bougt the engine if they sell the clutch side cover. It was just going so well and then boom no more oil

--
    next time you will double and triple check EVERYTHING before you take it out.
    make a check list and go over it before you take it out again. a pre-flight check list for your trike with that new motor.
    here is a start
    oil
    oil level
    plug
    plug wire
    sparkplug boot
    electric starter wire
    battery
    fuses
    tire pressure
    chain lubed
    brakes working (test with motor off)
    air filter
    air box lid (of applicable)
    loose wires? zip tie them up!
    steering stem wobble? tighten up the nut!
    forks (are the wobbling, or leaking oil? have them rebuilt)
    rear shock (is it stiff (your name is now Stiffler you GMF!!! ) or bouncy like a ball and no dampening? have it rebuilt)
    lights

this should help. feel free to change it up, add/remove as you want.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Lol thanks alot mister mayer! Ill sure check everything before next ride ! Can't wait ! It was running so well! Its my first trike with full suspension and disc brake so i was kind of excited hahaha!

--
    Have fun.
    LoL at mister Mayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Trike looks great. Sucks it broke down. Im sure you will have it up and going in no time. I ride my 84 200x most of the time great little trikes. I read an article a few years ago about Honda building some of the Chinese motors.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Have fun.
    LoL at mister Mayer

Hehehe

Thanks alot guys! I've been working too hard in this trike to let this little oil sight glass fool me ! I just received my longer brake hose for the back caliper! I will be able to install my new rear master and hose

--
    Long time no see! Received a little package yesterday !

I also replace the oil sight glass and went on a little ride last weekend and everything was perfect !

--

Tonight i test all the wiring harness i make for the e.start/solenoid/rectifier system and everything went perfect! The battery is charging right with the engine running and the push start works like a charm ! Now i just have to make a battery box and i'll be good to go! And also received my front sprocket i ordered a 13 and 14 teeth. I decided to put the 14 one haha the 11 teeth was just to slow for me

--
    You may consider the new dey cell batteries. Very light weight and half the size of that battery. They are not cheep but are amazing quality.

--
    Yeah i know but this battery cost me close to nothing hehe maybe the next one. But in the last weeks i didnt have time to play with it alot. I didint install the battery yet. Im not decided if i make a battery box or take the airbox and put a uni filter on the carb???

Meanwhile the atc is doing its job really well!

I really love this engine it has alot of power for a 250. And with the 30mm carb and DG exhaust it is really fun to drive and hear!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by frankydodo View Post
    Yeah i know but this battery cost me close to nothing hehe maybe the next one. But in the last weeks i didnt have time to play with it alot. I didint install the battery yet. Im not decided if i make a battery box or take the airbox and put a uni filter on the carb???

Meanwhile the atc is doing its job really well!

I really love this engine it has alot of power for a 250. And with the 30mm carb and DG exhaust it is really fun to drive and hear!
    I put a duralast sealed battery in all of my trikes. They are made in the US and sold at autozone. They sell for just under $100. I had one sitting on the bench in my shop for a few months. Put it in my super x and it fired right up. Really good for the money and autozone can look up your model trike which I thought was cool.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antigravity-...3D221720611835

this is the battery i was talking about.

--
    They have a weird description ...

Not for everyday use

And use as a back up battery for emergency. Is there a reason why? Can those hold charging while riding ?

--
    Sold the baby will be hunting for a 250 or 350x but i think ill try the 250r 2nd gen!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //