//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A very eye opening documentary

--
    i watched a documentary on childhood cancer treatment. to be fair, i saw part two of a three part series. so,, i thought i should mention that. also, it was on PBS, so grain of salt there also. But, watching it, and seeing how chemotherapy came about, was eye opening. it was about the early days of Dana Farber and The Jimmy Fund. it was amazing to see how slow and shitty the science evolved, and how many kids were put through torture to get where we are today. the doctors were literally killing kids. In there defense, the kids were facing certain death to cancer anyway. the drugs evolved, through trial and error, so slowly. brilliant scientists worked for decades, and kids just kept dying. gains were measured by extending lives by a day. there was a part where the combination of more than one drug was a divisive topic. top doctors disagreed completely. eventually, a cure was found and the treatments started to work. it made me think of this thread. everyone hates drug companies. i do to. everyone hates that pills are overprescribed. i do to. the cancer documentary made me think more about it though. i'm gonna watch the other two parts. its interesting.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    I`m sorry about the pound it ......it just seems like "your kind " has to always drag something political into the analogy ! So i was right you hate it ...you never tried it ...you never will .......i`m 3 yrs older then you ....your uptight i`m not ...what else ?
    My kind? The documentary starts off with a bunch of left wing media hacks pointing the finger at a bunch of right wing political hacks and some politicians. Who made it political?

One of the main "authorities"(Cenk) is supporting another of the main "authorities"(Rogan) as the DEMOCRAT candidate for president as a substitute for Hillary. Who made it political? Rogan used to support Paul. Why did he go Democrat?

Never said I hated it, never said I didn't use it. lame feeble attempt at discrediting my opinion, but failboat for you. I don't blindly follow anyone. Not the government nor an individual prone to childish outbursts filled with nonsensical gibberish when he doesn't hear what he wants. Grow up.

[QUOTE=glamy;1361020]blaze one and chill da fack out ! [QUOTE]

You should try taking your own advice sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Poor butthurt scooter it dawns on you two weeks later ? I`m sooo hurt and offended by what you said...... i`m gonna go away for two hole weeks maybe longer ! That way i can bend and twist whatever you say because i`m against you......who do you follow ?....your own tale ?.....forget about who`s supporting who politically this is about the ABSURDITY OF PROHIBITION OF REEFER AND GETTING HIGH AND ALL THE LITTLE UPTIGHT SH!T THAT YOU CAN`T STAND ! Hurry up and go to work i need my EBT so i can go to the Medical REEFER store and get my sh!t so i can sit on the couch and eat bon-bons all day ! Thanks Scooter !
    [QUOTE=Scootertrash;1364158] an individual prone to childish outbursts filled with nonsensical gibberish when he doesn't hear what he wants.[QUOTE] I rest my case.

I never twisted anything you said, I used your own words. 2 weeks? 2 months? What's the difference? Prohibition is only part of the doc. They should have left politics out of it and the doc would have still successfully covered the topic of pointless, ineffective prohibition.

I have a life outside of the internet princess. It's spring and I have tons of yard work, We're finishing our basement and I have 2 3 wheeler projects and 2 quads sitting on my driveway that need work.

When you need to fellate politicians to get done what you want, it's political. You're just too uptight to admit it.

ETA: I'm not the only one here to see the leftist leaning in your beloved doc. I agree with the message, not the method. Twist MY words however YOU want because it's not what YOU want to hear. The door swings both ways skippy.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 04-14-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    <snip>
    I'm not going to waste space quoting all of same comments that you've posted multiple times before.

I manifest 2 or 3 movements a day, and they have everything in common with your tactics in these threads: It's a bunch of sh!t.

Alinksy would be proud.

You totally twist my words out of context, use lame ass stereotypes, insults, and personal attacks to discredit my opinion because it's not 100% in line with yours.

Quotes can be used to denote a phrase, hence “The Machine”

I never said I don’t think that Marijuana doesn’t have medicinal uses, I said
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Does marijuana have legitimate medicinal qualities? I'm not an expert, but I don't see why not, every other drug is based from other naturally occurring sources. I do know that it can help alleviate headaches and nausea.
    I’m not medical expert and neither are you.

You stoop low to enough to turn this (I added, in bold, the part back in that you so conveniently cut out of my quote):

Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Bringing children into it: (Don’t bother trying to accuse me of being insensitive to the plight of handicapped children. If you knew me you’d know better. In addition, it’s just another Liberal/Progressive tactic to demonize anyone who questions this practice.)
    This is a standard practice by the left. “It’s for the children”. Health care, education, global warm….errr climate change, gun control, minimum wage, you name it….”It’s for the children”
    Why? Because it evokes emotion. I feel just as bad for the kids who suffer as anyone else. If you have good solid evidence and proof that something works to cure serious ailments, the side effects of chemo, etc, just show me the evidence. If you have good, solid research that something works it will speak for itself. No need use children to try to sway my opinion or feelings.
    Does the age of the handicapped or seriously ill individual really matter? Everybody deserves treatment to relieve pain and suffering.

Into this?:
    Honestly I'd be ashamed of those words. It saddens me that you honestly think that way. The little boy in that video suffered greatly and was (near) hopelessly addicted to (barbiturates?), and this plant helped him. Did you not just ask a few paragraphs earlier for evidence of this plant having a medical benefit? The boys father wept tears of joy as he told his story, they showed it right in front of your eyes, and you have the audacity to both ask for evidence and then discredit a poor young boy whose entire life was changed by this plant once evidence is presented? This, if nothing else, is proof that nothing will appease your foothold on your side and it doesn't matter for what good or what purpose this plant has become a topic of debate. You have all the markings of one who has taken a higher dosage of the Kool-Aid than the rest, which is undoubtedly due to your age. You've had double or triple the dose of most here. You do what you want but I'll stay away from taking anything but a smile from the footage of that boy going out in his yard for the first time ever.
    Yea, right, that’s it. I’m too old to “get it”. That’s the best you’ve got? A worn out 60’s retread stereotype? Don’t trust anyone over 30?

Where the hell did I ever say that I wasn’t happy for that little boy?

Where the hell did I ever say that cannabis based medicine didn’t work for that little boy?

I didn’t ASK for evidence that it has medical benefit.

I said:
    If you have good solid evidence and proof that something works to cure serious ailments, the side effects of chemo, etc, just show me the evidence. If you have good, solid research that something works it will speak for itself. No need use children to try to sway my opinion or feelings.
    I NEVER discredited that little boy nor his success in overcoming his addiction to prescription meds.

With all the academic professionals in your documentary, surely there is one or more with peer reviewed researched published in a highly respected fashion.

I honestly expected better from you, but obviously you are so blinded by your emotions that you’ll stoop to any level to make someone look bad.

Have you given unselfish financial support to Jayden’s fund to cover the costs of his natural remedies that aren’t covered by insurance?

You criticize those who blindly follow the machine without question, but criticize those who won’t blindly follow you?

You can have your own opinion as long as it’s the same as mine.

this is not the kind of thing that happens to alkies and druggies
    Apparently you’ve never heard of a functioning alcoholic or a functioning addict?

With your vast cornucopia of knowledge you should be aware that all drugs affect different people differently, and therefore understand that my questions are valid, yes?
    My questions are not an indication that I don’t think marijuana should be legal. I question ALL AUTHORITY, including yours.

The best part of this whole thread is the fact that you fail to address these FACTS:

YOU HAVE TO GET IN BED WITH THE MACHINE YOU SO DESPISE TO GET THEM TO TELL YOU IT’S OK TO DO YOUR DRUG OF CHOICE

THE MACHINE YOU SO DESPISE WILL CONTROL MANUFACTURING, DISTRIBUTION AND TAXATION OF YOUR DRUG OF CHOICE

THE PHARMACUETICAL COMPANIES YOU SO DESPISE WILL CONTROL THE MANUFACTURING, DISTRIBUTION AND PRICE OF THE MEDICINAL MARIJUANA PRODUCTS (do you really believe medicinal MJ will be cheap?)

Interesting thing is, one of your experts from the documentary, Graham Hancock, seems to think that pot was having a negative effect on his life. His opinion echos mine on the issue of weed: Some will use it responsibly, some won't. (just like any other "drug") He even states he was "abusing" cannabis, in his own words , as you say. I could even go back and shorten the clip to just the part where he says "I think I was abusing it, not using it responsibly" if that would make it easier for you to understand (approx 7:18-7:40). This is a little clip from the vid that ironchop posted earlier in the thread. It's only about 5 minutes as opposed to 2 hours:

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5603030

Here's the link to the original vid. The portion in the link above goes from 5:00-9:45. That way you can go back and make sure I didn't alter the clip, you know, to "fit my agenda"

You enjoy your one sided “debate”. When you start insulting my intelligence and questioning my compassion for handicapped, sick, or terminally ill individuals no matter what their age by twisting my words you lose any respect I had for your “movement”.

I’ll continue to support legalized weed for medicinal and recreational use, but I will also continue to have questions and not be a sheep.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 04-14-2015 at 02:50 PM.

--
    I agree wholeheartedly with Graham Hancock and i think ALL drugs should be legal !
    Including the part where he admits he was "abusing cannabis, not using it responsibly"? Or are you purposely avoiding that portion of the video?

Here's the link again in case you missed it:

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5603030

--
    I`ve always meant ALL drugs !
    Never said you didn't. That's not the point. Stay focused.

You gotta be told to use common sense ? Too much of anything is no good right ?
    Carmen who?

Not talking about me. I'm well aware of "Enjoy in moderation". That doesn't mean I've always adhered to the phrase. Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common anymore, as I'm sure you will agree.

One of my points thru this whole thread has been that there are those that will abuse it, resulting in negative consequences. I don't want you, I, and the other hardworking Joes and Joannes being on the hook for paying for those negative consequences via court mandated treatment programs, cuz we both know it will happen, just like with alcohol and every other drug.

As far as the health concerns I have, well, not everything ANY of us do is "healthy", I just tired of paying for others peoples bad habits, poor decisions and f-ups. I'm guessing you are too?

Neither of these things is enough to make me say "Don't legalize it". The war on drugs is a farce and a major failure, I have buddies who are cops that agree, go figure.

Blaze away! Have fun! Ya never know I may join ya, but that won't change my mind about the users being responsible for their actions, myself included.

What did your mom tell you ?
    My Mom and my Dad both told me "The first time you end up in jail for doing something stupid, don't call until morning because you'll be spending the night anyway. The second time? Don't bother calling."

I only had to call them once. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiley_face_in_jail_poster-r31a73cfe31ac4178a25a5fce12f1cbc2_igl_8byvr_512.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	214699

You would have a law on how to use toilet paper ?
    Nah. Law enforcement would be wiped out trying to enforce that law.

I'll end this post with a vintage Peter Fonda film clip. glamy you may remember the movie.

--
    They outlawed farting in public? My sharts will get me put away for life!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //