//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Man, that's a big bike...

Six Stroke is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Man, that's a big bike...

Just bought a brand new KLR650. It takes up some serious garage space!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0312151315.jpg  
    1985 Yamaha YTM225DX
    2014 Yamaha WR450F
    2008 Yamaha TW200
    1975 Honda CB400F

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Very nice looking bike. I am sure you will enjoy it!

--
    Those are great machines! Enjoy!
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    That's about closest thing to a do-it-all bike you can buy today without paying as much as a new car costs. Granted he's an accomplished Trials rider, but there is a guy down here that can go anywhere with his that I've gone on my dirt bike and his pre-ride maintenance stops at tire pressure. The thing is a Timex. Enjoy!
    It sucks to get old

Six Stroke is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I used to make fun of my buddy for wanting a 400 pound dirt bike, but then I started watching some adventure trail rides and became a convert. Besides, I always have the YZ250 for singletracking!
    1985 Yamaha YTM225DX
    2014 Yamaha WR450F
    2008 Yamaha TW200
    1975 Honda CB400F

--
    The are great bikes with a little older technology (Basic design goes back to the 80's), but they have a huge following and are super reliable!

The coolest thing is they are much cheaper than the competition so the extra savings can go into making it a monster if you want, huge aftermarket available and parts are cheaper.

I met a couple in a bad rain storm in Flagstaff, AZ. that were from Germany, they sent the bikes to the east coast and rode across the country on & off road!

Any problems?, NO, but they did have to clean the filter and adjust the chain ounce. Unreal.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I have 50000+ miles on mine and ride March through December on mine. Love her!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky250 View Post
    I have 50000+ miles on mine and ride March through December on mine. Love her!
    OH, low milage, eh... get out there and ride that big boy! motor on! Break her in already.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Just over 50 miles on it so far, as well as the first water spots. I love the torque. Pulling away from a stop is just so easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0316151415.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	887.1 KB 
ID:	212275
    1985 Yamaha YTM225DX
    2014 Yamaha WR450F
    2008 Yamaha TW200
    1975 Honda CB400F

brd812 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have a DR650 that just love. Back in the 90's I got a butt chewing by the pa dnr with a stern warning about have my atv on national park fire roads ( times a changing ) back as a toddler we had no issues. So I bought my street legal DR and proceeded to get my plate and license and I've had twenty years of enjoyable off roding. The DR and KLR are great bikes, in woods is the only place I don't get wierd looks being on a dirt bike. My local police in my area pull my over every spring like clock work, only to be turned away with a chuckle.
    "If you are going to piss like puppy, Don't Get Off The Porch"
    Trikes:
    84' Suzuki ALT185 (old Orange)
    85' Yamaha 225DX, piped and spaced ( First Girlfriend)
    Quads
    87' Yamaha Banshee, built and very very fast (The Whore)
    01 Yamaha Raptor 660, built and piped (The Beast)
    03 Suzuki Vinson, 26's and piped (The Crowd Pleaser)
    Once apon a time:
    85' Tecate 300 alky flattacker, 6 in over swingarm, 88 Suzuki 500"Quadzilla"PIA , 91 Yamaha Warrior Built and Modded. (luved that Baby Tank)

Husky250 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    OH, low milage, eh... get out there and ride that big boy! motor on! Break her in already.
    Well missed one year because I was shipped to the desert, another 6 months because I separated my shoulder and another 6 months after an SUV ran me over on it. Not bad for living in a place that gets 120+ inches of snow a year.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky250 View Post
    Well missed one year because I was shipped to the desert, another 6 months because I separated my shoulder and another 6 months after an SUV ran me over on it. Not bad for living in a place that gets 120+ inches of snow a year.
    I was joking 50,000 miles is a lot on a bike.

Wow, after reading that story you may just want to showcase it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    The are great bikes with a little older technology (Basic design goes back to the 80's), but they have a huge following and are super reliable!

The coolest thing is they are much cheaper than the competition so the extra savings can go into making it a monster if you want, huge aftermarket available and parts are cheaper.

I met a couple in a bad rain storm in Flagstaff, AZ. that were from Germany, they sent the bikes to the east coast and rode across the country on & off road!

Any problems?, NO, but they did have to clean the filter and adjust the chain ounce. Unreal.
    was it a father and son? If so most of the trip is documented on here. I think the board name was "dads"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by just ben View Post
    was it a father and son? If so most of the trip is documented on here. I think the board name was "dads"
    No, it was a husband and wife, young couple too.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //