//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Oem kxt rear fender story

--
    Quote Originally Posted by blue27 View Post
    My Wife works at a dealer, just had her log on, yes number is active, none in stock, I put some on backorder of course,lol Nothing else is active, I checked all plastic, decals and a few other bits.
    Put a set on order for me while you're at it. lol

--
    Well,slap me stupid. They did do another run. That's a prod code Bryan .. lol
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Well,slap me stupid. They did do another run. That's a prod code Bryan .. lol
    I thought that was the production date. I have a set with the decal on them that says 2003 I believe.

--
    From a business perspective it seems silly not to do another run. I've seen full sets of Honda TRX 250R OEM fenders go for $3000 on ebay. Honda would clean up if they ran more ATC and TRX fenders, but I guess when your dealing with big companies the bean counters just don't seem to think it is worth it.

--
    Mine are still in the bag, I got it from Nstyle 73. Thanks again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	213189

--
    I just talked to my local dealership and he said the same thing blue27 said. He's going to call the factory rep on Monday and get the direct scoop. He said the active status might mean they are getting ready for another run, so the more put on back order might show them there is still an interest.

phantomtracer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If you look at the parts sticker of the fender that 3 wheel drive has the date has been blackened out.
    No one wants you to know that the fender is still available.
    I'm wondering if they would also produce the rest of the plastic being that they are still producing the rear fender. That's a pretty cool thing that kawi is doing!
    If we can make a soli d business case I don't see why they wouldn't unless the molds have been destroyed.
    Not suggesting nstyle did that, actually he sold it for a great price.
    Whoever originally sold the part is trying to keep a secret.
    Last edited by phantomtracer; 03-28-2015 at 11:16 AM.

--
    I also recently aquired a NOS rad shroud also still in the bag. Heres the pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	958.2 KB 
ID:	213219

I'd like to buy a complete NOS plastic set from Kawasaki if they can still make them.

--
    I just bought one last week, off part number. Every other site said discontinued. But they took my order and said they are shipping one. Temped to buy 2 actually, pretty excited this looks to be real lol.

--
    Have you guys looked into front fenders also?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I'm going to put a couple on back order to hopefully show some sort of demand however slight it might be.

--
    I ordered one today from my Kawi dealer so hopefully if they get enough backorders they will run-em!

Ragar is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have one on order as well.
    None of the other plastics are available however.
    just checked. Or decals either. I plan on calling as well on Monday.

--
    I just posted this to Facebook, so hopefully the guys who thought they were discontinued (including myself) will go to their local dealers and place an order.

--
    I bought mine a little more than a year ago for $189, free shipping. The front fenders are or were going for almost $300!!! At the time I bought my rear fender there were plenty and at what I believe, a great price. Looks like right now there are more expensive and harder to find???

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //