//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Oem kxt rear fender story

--
    I just heard back from my dealer and he said they will be making another batch and it should take about six weeks. I hope he's right.

--
    Nice. They all should look into this as there is demand. I know John Deere did the same for headlight panels that were out of stock for years of course
    Deere jacked up the prices and they are now in stock. Pretty sure they saw the traffic on the forums.
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

--
    I wonder what it would take to get them to do a run of 1st generation fenders?

--
    I wonder if they still have the molds? That would be the deciding factor.

--
    You kawi guys have all the luck. Honda is too proud and stupid to do the same. They would have hundreds of orders of they make another run of fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    You kawi guys have all the luck. Honda is too proud and stupid to do the same. They would have hundreds of orders of they make another run of fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now Heres an idea: Find someone who's in contact with Dirtwheels Magazine to write up an article, or have everyone email them. It seems like there is a substantial demand for the 86R fenders for the big 3.

The worst thing that can happen is nothing- LOL!

phantomtracer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Wow! The ebay fender sold for 688 dollars!

--
    I ordered a fender a week ago and it showed today!!!! Real happy. Real deal Kawi fender is great. Honda should do this for the 350 with mud flap. Anyway I bought the repo front set off eBay so that leaves the tank to finish off all my green plastic. When I looked a while back only one place said they were fs. So I ordered it thinking maybe nos. Then saw this thread. Pretty sweet.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomtracer View Post
    Wow! The ebay fender sold for 688 dollars!
    LOL, knowledge is power.

--
    I just bought a set of $700 fenders for $230.

--
    Not that it matters but that set of fenders that threewheeldrive has were bought about 3 years ago from a guy that had bought them as a spare . I bought the bike and he threw in the fenders for cheap. No disception, but I'm glad that phantom racer checked with the dealer.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    I got another set of OEM fenders the other day, traded some 85 Tecate parts for it. For being so rare Im finding everything I need to build my projects. It seems like used rider condition fenders are more difficult to find than new in the bag OEM's lol!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	213648Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	213649

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    I got another set of OEM fenders the other day, traded some 85 Tecate parts for it. For being so rare Im finding everything I need to build my projects. It seems like used rider condition fenders are more difficult to find than new in the bag OEM's lol!

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	25 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	213648Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	213649
    I've got some nice "Rare" used rider fenders I'll trade you for the more common new ones.

--
    Has anyone received a new set in the past week? I called several dealers today and depending on the parts system they use they are back ordered or discontinued. On a side note kawasaki.com has the tecate fiches back on but no longer has anyplace to check the status of a part#.

phantomtracer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    the part number is still active, the part is on back order status so I would put an order in. That will at least get you in the que. They will fill back orders first.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //