//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oem kxt rear fender story

phantomtracer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Oem kxt rear fender story

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	213109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	213110So I just picked up a new KXT rear fender from the local kawi dealer and I asked him to check inventory levels. Someone bought up the rest of the fenders!!!
    Kawi had just replenished the inventory so I got lucky and placed an order before they hit the warehouse. I guess we will see a fender or two on eBay real soon. Hopefully the price is not ridiculous. I wonder if kawi could produce the rest of the plastics. Has anyone approached kawi about this?
    Maybe a group order would let them realize there is still a market. I am surprised they produced the fenders 29 years later, that's pretty cool for a major manufacturer.

dabody69 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    sweet!!! So will they replenish inventory again

--
    I need another new rear fender for my 86, I'm not paying for fiberglass ones... If you get the ball rolling heck I'd buy 2 new sets of rears just to increase production.

I paid 250 shipped for my NOS 86 Rears like 6 weeks ago, f#€¥ paying 500+ for rears fenders.

phantomtracer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    250 is not bad at all.I paid 211+ tax
    Where did you get them?
    I'm just wondering if they produced the fender why wouldn't they do the same for the rest of the plastics.
    I'll contact them next week and see if I get a response.

--
    And here is the first one to show up on eBay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-KAWASAKI...49b081&vxp=mtr

You gotta love the free market.

--
    I'm confused, you say Kawasaki just replenished the warehouse as in they still make the rear fender? I was under the impression they were discontinued and no longer available?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomtracer View Post
    250 is not bad at all.I paid 211+ tax
    Where did you get them?
    I'm just wondering if they produced the fender why wouldn't they do the same for the rest of the plastics.
    I'll contact them next week and see if I get a response.

That would be cool. Hopefully they will do another run soon. I'd be down for some plastics.

--
    Sorry bkm, I should have explained.
    The part number is still active, and yes kawi just made new fenders.

QUOTE=bkm;1361080]I'm confused, you say Kawasaki just replenished the warehouse as in they still make the rear fender? I was under the impression they were discontinued and no longer available?[/QUOTE]

--
    Or maybe there is still inventory floating around in the world and that was the last of it.

So at least a %20 mark up plus $40 in shipping is like $315 before any profit if you are not a dealer. Wonder what this dealers reserve is and what they will go for?
    Last edited by nd4speed; 03-27-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    11 bids
    Up to 212 dollars
    6 days left!

--
    That date on your fender, is that the date they were manufactured or shipped from a warehouse? Again I'm confused. I was told these were no longer being produced and that was last year, then I check on Rocky Mountain atv and they say no longer shipping, but yours appear to be made in February of this year? I guess what I'm getting at is can I order a set from my dealer or are they done making these?

--
    My local dealer said they are on back order according to their computer, but they did say they were not discontinued. They were no help in placing an order.

Sticker says "Assembled in USA"?

My other sticker says "Made in USA". So the die molds and the plastic manufacturer are around still, not like that matters.
    Last edited by nd4speed; 03-27-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

Dimitris is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Whatever goes to back order in Kawasaki......it ends to NLA

--
    Bkm I thought the same thing. I ordered a fender from bike bandit approx. 2 months ago and after 1 month they cancelled the order and listed the part as not shipping.
    The date on the label is most likely the date the fender was packaged.
    After packing a part is usually shipped to the distribution center for dealer orders.
    After bike bandit cancelled my order I placed an order with my local kawi dealer, he checked on the part and said yes I should be able to get it. I ordered it and 3 weeks later it showed up.
    I was going to then buy another and he checked inventory and said they are sold out.
    He said just a few days ago he went to check on the order to see if it would fill and saw several in stock.
    I think it is ironic that a new oem fender shows up on eBay yesterday or today.
    I would call your local dealer and see if you can place an order.
    I wish there was someone on here that worked at a dealer, they would be able to tell us how this all works.
    Im only guessing that is how it works.

--
    My Wife works at a dealer, just had her log on, yes number is active, none in stock, I put some on backorder of course,lol Nothing else is active, I checked all plastic, decals and a few other bits.

1985 Tiger 250LC
    1985 Tiger 200LC

1985 ATC 350X
    1985 ATC 200x
    1973 ATC 70 (resto project)
    ATC 70 Full A+ Suspension Mini Tiger
    and many more!!!
    1991 District-6 Open 4 Wheel 4-Stroke Expert Hare Scramble Champ

Blue Line Graphics
    Custom and Reproduction Decals
    http://www.bluelinedecals.com/

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //