//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Little Impostor" mini I'm working on...

--
    The 250R forks have too much rake built into the clamps.

I'd like to see a set of 200X or 350X clamps on there 9they are a straight shot and can run trailing axle.

With the right seat height, sag, which rear shock you use and how the swing arm is set up are all involved in the actual rake once done.

Get it as close as possible or it will ride poorly....

Have you ever tried to cut the neck of a frame off? They are very well put together.

Quote Originally Posted by torker View Post
    The front pivots are chromoly tubing as wide as will fit, maybe thicker chro-mo tubing there?
    For the rears, do you mean a one piece tube instead of the chro-mo rings? It will definately flex a lot less and be stronger.
    I have access to a nice lathe and mill, but what are you suggesting I build with it? Thanks for your input.

TORKER.
    I just wouldn't want to see that come off on you, that would be bad!

If those were thicker, wider and had gussets on the top and bottom it might be alright, but you know there's a ton of force trying to tear that off.

When Fabiodriven saw how thin his swingarm was, he knew he was just a short ride away from a disaster.

It's easy to chop that off a swingarm carrier housing and get it on yours.
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 01-23-2016 at 07:59 PM.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Guys, looking for the round house (where the bearing carrier goes thru) from a 1985 ATC250R. If you have a cracked or a non usable one with a good roundhouse and are willing to sell it, please, let me know.

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    Anybody has one ?
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    Got some tubing!!!
    I'll update wit the new swingarm...

TORKER.

--
    I have not updated this for a long time. I have a new swingarm that is stronger, longer and juat as straight. Changed the triples (a mix and match of sorts) but that took care of the rake/trail issue or at least a lot better. Still some work to be done. It will make it to TF17.A pic as of today
    Your comments are always welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161114_172459.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	236957

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That is a sick little trike!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

--
    Looks awesome! I would love to do that to my sons crf150r!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottomland4x4 View Post
    Looks awesome! I would love to do that to my sons crf150r!
    You can!!!

TORKER.

--
    Will be at TF17 (For Sale?)

TORKER.

--
    What your Price?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //