//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: so cal rides?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanq55 View Post
    ...then the second time I took it out for about half an hour, almost lost both shrouds, grab bar came loose, and found two more bolts in the bed of my truck after I loaded it up...
    Welcome to the world of Tecate ownership. You've officially been inaugurated!
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Alright guys, hows the 26th of April sound??? 2 weeks from this coming up sunday...

--
    I can make it. Anyone else?

--
    I'm in! Where we ridin'?

--
    Dumont, head to Baker, and take the 127 North about 35 miles and you'll see a sign, don't get it confused with "little Dumont" or whatever it's called, it's only a couple miles past that...

--
    Holy cow, 3 1/2 hrs from Santa Clarita. 7 hrs of driving. leave 5 am, arrive 9 am, ride from 9-2, home by 6. I'm willing to make this happen for myself, but a Saturday would be best so I can catch a motel. You guys available to ride Saturday? I definetley want to ride Dumont for first time.

--
    Red rider says he works thurs-sat...I have the weekends off that's the only reason sunday was suggested so that we could all meet up, I didn't realize you were coming from Santa Clarita...

--
    I'm up for it! I have done pismo beach day trips 3 hrs away when I rode 2 wheels. I'm in guys, can't wait! Now being new to 3 wheelers, questions: paddles necessary for Dumont? You guys ride fully geared? Does 9am-2pm sound good? This will be good for me to scope out Dumont, check out local lodging for future, so I can plan some trips there. Have not been blessed with a toy hauler....yet.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbsimmcon View Post
    My buddys and I are on slow 200s, 200x, and 250 sx's, but still wanna ride! Now being new to 3 wheelers, questions: paddles necessary for Dumont? You guys ride fully geared? Does 9am-2pm sound good?
    No, paddle tires are not necessary. I used to ride a 90, 110, & 200X out at Dumont with the stock knobbies, and they all got around just fine. I usually ride in full gear, helmet/goggles/gloves/boots at a minimum. That time span in fine with me. How about you R55?

--
    I'll probably be out there a little earlier and may leave a little later, I've got a buddy who might come out with me with a dirtbike...
    I've only been a handful of times, all with my sxs. Some of the hills are pretty big and steep and paddles will definitely help but theyre not something you need to go out and buy tomorrow just to go. As long as you can keep on the throttle or learn when to turn down, I'm sure you'll be quite alright. Pismo helped rattle my Tecate loose with all the peoples tracks on Presidents' Day weekend.
    As far as gear, usually no matter how hot it is ill still fully gear up. I'd rather sweat more than risk injuring myself. Or as someone once told me, just think about being pinned under a hot pipe...eeek! But that's just my opinion. 9-2 sounds like a good time span but dont forget, like I do, from like 11-1 can be really hard to see transitions when that sun is right up over head...

--
    We wish, my brother is getting married that weekend in Portland, OR.
    85 350X, 85 250R, 99 TRX 90, 05 Predator 90, 05 TRX 400ex, 2019 RZR4 XP100
    FEEDBACK for Vegas250rr

--
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas250rr View Post
    We wish, my brother is getting married that weekend in Portland, OR.
    I was going to text you about this ride if you didn't make your presence known soon. I'm sorry you can't make it, but have fun at the wedding. Take the trikes & do some riding up in OR!

--
    ^^^^ x2 I've got a list of places I want to ride and Coos Bay is one of them!

--
    Are you guys going to be bringing anything else to ride? I think I'm going to be switching between my SxS and the Tecate...don't know if you guys have go pros but I'd be more than happy to mount them on their of you want to capture any footage...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanq55 View Post
    Are you guys going to be bringing anything else to ride? I think I'm going to be switching between my SxS and the Tecate...don't know if you guys have go pros but I'd be more than happy to mount them on their of you want to capture any footage...
    You mean you have extra gopros? Awesome! What's an SXS? Sx250? That's hilarious we can find such good deals on these things we can keep spares in back of truck in case one brakes! I will probably be on 250sx, 200x back up! Or should it be the other way around? Not enough ride time to know yet. Thanks for the tips guys! Full gear it is.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //