//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: so cal rides?

--
    Once you enter in past the ticket stations it basically opens you up to the dunes in front of you and it's all open in front to the left and to the right, I figure just pull straight in and head to the base of the dune in front unless someone else has a preference I dont care, I'll be in a silver Dodge Ram mega cab with a white 20' enclosed trailer

--
    I'm still in. It rained here in Vegas pretty good today, but the forecast for the Dumont area looks good for tomorrow with plenty of sunshine, a little breezy, and a high of 77 degrees. I'll be in a white MegaRam. PM's sent.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    L.A. got a good rain today as well. See ya guys there!

--
    Ryan, Jeff, thanks for the awesome ride and showing me how to ride the dunes first time on a 3 wheeler! The 250sx did fine for me to get comftorable, but lacked some power. You guys ripped on the 250's and made the big hills look easy. Also much appreciated on the lessons and looking out! Sweet rides, and the work put into building your bikes is impressive. Thanks guys!

--
    Thanks Ryan. I'm glad you were able to make it out and enjoy the dunes. You've found yourself a very clean 250SX, and it got around everywhere on the dunes just fine. Other than the gusty winds, it was perfect weather. I never seem to take many photos when I'm out there, as I just don't think about it, but I did manage to snap a few of Ryan's beautiful Tecate & my 250R together. I look forward to doing it again real soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T3 & R.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	215246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T3 & R1.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	215247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryan & Me.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	215248  

--
    No problem, we all start somewhere...especially loading up, whether it's dropping the bike completely like I have before or busting taillights

Thanks Jeff, that 250R is killer! I thought I'd be able to keep up a little more than I did haha
    Here's a couple different angles that I snapped...we'll have to make another trip in the near future after I sort out the clutch problem, the brake problem, the gear oil leak, and hopefully get a hi-flite seat setup...I'm crossing my fingers the list will end soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	215253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	215254  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanq55 View Post
    I thought I'd be able to keep up a little more than I did haha...we'll have to make another trip in the near future after I sort out the clutch problem, the brake problem, the gear oil leak, and hopefully get a hi-flite seat setup...I'm crossing my fingers the list will end soon!
    Thanks Ryan! You got around a lot better than I thought you would considering your clutch issue. Your launches were a little tricky at times, but other than that, it didn't slow you down at all. Unfortunately, I don't think the list of things to do to our bikes ever really ends. Here it is, almost 30 years after I bought mine, and I'm still not done with it.

--
    Yea very true! I was scared it'd end up on top of me trying to launch in the sand from a dead stop without the clutch! Haha

How's your wrist feeling?

--
    My wrist hasn't bothered me at all, but my right shoulder is still a bit sore, along with the usual aches from only riding a few times a year.

To those who weren't there, I caught a witch's eye. (At least I think it was a witch's eye. If it wasn't, it was a deep rut.) I managed to ride it out, but it jammed the crap out of my right wrist & shoulder. Plus I managed to get a bruise & abrasion on my right thigh, just above the knee, which must have come from the handlebars/thumb throttle.

--
    Holy cow Jeff, was that after I left? You warned me about them witch's eyes. I've read up on your bike build and it's just awesome what you've put in. I may be checking out a stock 86' 250r in Fresno on Saturday, woohoo!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbsimmcon View Post
    Holy cow Jeff, was that after I left? You warned me about them witch's eyes. I've read up on your bike build and it's just awesome what you've put in. I may be checking out a stock 86' 250r in Fresno on Saturday, woohoo!
    Yes sir. It was our last ride after you left. That's the scary thing about them. Even though you know they're out there, and are constantly on the lookout for them, you will still happen upon one at the last second from time to time. Thank you, I've definitely spent some time on my 250R. Good luck on the R. If you liked the dunes on your 250SX, you'll love 'em on a 2-stroke sport trike.

--
    When we going again guys?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanq55 View Post
    When we going again guys?
    Summer is still hangin' in there, but should be cooling down soon.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Summer is still hangin' in there, but should be cooling down soon.
    Yea definitely! I'm making a trip to St Anthony next week. Finally tore into the Tecate the other night, fixed the clutch and found a broken PV actuator...the PV's were just flopping around in the cylinder...maybe after I fix them I'll be able to keep up with you a little better! Hah! And I found both problems with the brakes....front brake reservoir bladder has a hole in it, and the rear banjo bolts on the master cylinder were leaking...

--
    Good deal. Yep, ya gotta keep skaking them down to get all the bugs worked out. I saw your post looking for the actuator. That would definitely account for a big power loss. What was the issue with the clutch?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //