//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 400ex conversion?

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

400ex conversion?

I found a 2001 honda 400ex on craigslist with a 440 big boar and some other mods. It peaked my interest because it seems to be a good deal, but I don't like riding quads that much.
    So I'm curious as to how hard it is to convert for somebody with decent welding skills and access to a basic welding shop. And what kind of mechanical mods are nessasary.
    Thanks,
    "D"
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

--
    There is a long running thread on this by Louis M. I just looked, right now its about 10 posts down from this one.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yes, that's the one that gave me the real want to build this, I just want to know the bare things that need to be done mechanical wise. His has a lot of mechanical mods that I don't what they even are.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

--
    Bunch of mechanical mods? Pretty sure I've only been doing whats necessary to build a conversion. Feel free to ask questions on the build thread etc etc. I don't mind explaining what I'm doing. It's not like its some big secret that I'm afraid everyone will try to copy me. I put it on the internet. It's only inevitable that someone else will try to build something similar.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Read Louis Mielke thread ten times from page one to page?

It will all come together, then any questions you have just ask there are many talanted builders on the boards including Louis.
    Last edited by onformula1; 04-01-2015 at 07:23 PM.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //