//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Anybody know anything about KTMs?

BiGDawG is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Anybody know anything about KTMs?

Traded a Honda CR125R for a KTM LC4 600 Enduro tonight and it need's a bit of work, Throttle cable is stuck, Clutch dose nothing, dash is missing, no kill switch and air filter is gone. seems like it has good compression

--
    Wow, I have not seen one for awhile. looks like from the bad pics to be about a 1993.

They were decent bikes, pretty fast, reliable, but heavy with harsh suspension & soft springs front & rear, starting was a problem the ignitions were weak, left side kick with a looong kick starter, stand on the left side and use your right foot unless your left handed.

Greg Zitterkopf flew on one in district 37 Gp's and desert races & won the four stroke sounds of thunder motocross title on one.

Throttle cable is stuck- If i remember right the throttle has a push/pull cable.. one of them may be fraid, also check the carb. they used a Dellorto magnesium body carb. and they can cause corrosion and stick to the slide.

Clutch does nothing- I don't know what you mean, does the clutch lever activate the clutch in & out?

dash is missing no kill switch- check with KTM or EBAY.

air filter is gone- they used a Twin Air so I would start there, great filters.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

BiGDawG is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    sweet thanks for the info glad you recognize it, uh the clutch i can pull the lever and is goes into gear but even holding the lever in u can not push it forward

i been searching ebay and a few parts sites with no luck

im a big guy 6ft 7 and around 400 pounds so the weight of the bike don't bother me much it will mainly get road ridden with a lil off road once and awhile

here's some better pictures hopefully my phone is real picky about lighting and it's a nasty rainy day

just curious if you know what this second black lever is for? nvm went to the local shop and found out it's a decompression lever

also found out it is a 93 but its a 400 not 600 so maybe finding parts will be a bit easier
    Last edited by BiGDawG; 04-03-2015 at 05:56 PM.

--
    go on www.ktmtalk.com, lots of people have them bikes and lots of parts and info.

--
    cool i'll check that out thanks.

--
    "Im a big guy 6ft 7 and around 400 pounds"- I am glad you got off that CR125, this will work better.

KTMtalk is good, lots of good guys there, I am a member.

The 400 & 600 is basically the same bike only bigger cc.

Once you sort it out, they are almost bulletproof and lots of 2-stroke parts fit and many years crossover.

Make sure the clutch lever is adjusted correctly and nothing is hanging up, if it is dig into the clutch assembly and take a look.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    yea i had the 125 for about a week i traded a beat up lt230e that leaked oil for it, i though this was a 4 stroke? it don't have an expansion pipe. i was told by a friend that works at a ktm dealer these older bike are impossible to get parts for lol but i see a lot of used parts on ebay just not what i need. if i have to i seen a few clutch baskets on there for $75 + used but i would like to make sure it run's before dumping money into it. some how i need to figure out the kill switch or key wire's and temporarily bypass them

--
    It is a four stroke, what i am saying is many ktms share parts with the two strokes its cheaper that way and makes a better four stroke

Hondas xr and cr shared almost nothing.

--
    ah alright i get it now

--
    Well got the carb off and it was nasty, let it soak over night and still would not free up (a used 1 on ebay is going for almost $300) so i posted it online and ended up trading it for a autox conversion with extra set of rims / tires set up for ice

--
    You are like the third member of- "Wheeler Dealers"

--
    lol yea i started with a 84 200x and now i have a 6x8 trailer, 95 vmax 600 and a 85 200x auto x conversion lol i miss the tri-z in my sig pic i should of keep that, 1 of the only things i wish i did not trade away.

--
    I love the Tri-Z too, looks like a trade is in order. Get on it!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //