//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guide: Upgrading Stock Headlamp to LED on ATC 200 ES

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    ^^^It contained a lot of good info... wish I had a link to buy a similar led headlight for my 200es.
    Hello, I'm the original poster. For some reason, my guide was deleted. I will re-write it when I get the chance. For those interested in buying the headlight that I used, here is a link to where I bought mine: https://www.wish.com/search/45%206.5%20inch%20LED
    They are going for $30 a piece. These headlights are basically drop-in replacements. You will remove your original headlight assembly from the plastic housing, and then take the reflector and glass out of the metal frame. Then, drop the new headlight into the metal frame, re-use the clips from the original assembly to secure the new headlight to the frame, and then re-insert it into the plastic housing.These lights come with an H4 type electrical plug. You can remove your original bulb holder, and wire the 3 wires going to it up to the 3 wires on the new light. This way, your high and low beams will work from the original headlight switch on your 3 wheeler.
    The link I provided is to to the shopping site wish.com. Your headlight will most likely ship from China, and arrive in about 2 weeks.
    Again, if my original post does not re-appear, I will write a new guide and post my pictures of the process.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Awesome, double f. Thanks for the link!!!

--
    You're welcome! If anyone has contact with any moderators, message them and see if they can find out what happened to my original post. Perhaps it's just waiting for moderation because I edited some of the information?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerfrederick View Post
    You're welcome! If anyone has contact with any moderators, message them and see if they can find out what happened to my original post. Perhaps it's just waiting for moderation because I edited some of the information?
    That makes a lot of sense, I'm betting that is what happened. I'd suspect within a day or two the post should re-appear. Thanks for finding the thread again and updating everyone you're still here .

Since you are the master LED headlight finder, have you tried to find with any LED headlights that might fit other models of 3 wheelers? I'd suspect the 350x, 250r, and 250es/sx would be fairly high demand since they are faster machines and more light would be wonderful except for the people coming at you lol. I could get sizes if you know better ways to search for them since I have all 3 models (81-84 250r style). Another thing I know people have been wanting including myself is LED tail lights that either uses the stock tail light assembly, or is a direct bolt on replacement. I found some that look fine but mounting would require a special home made bracket.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, I'm betting that is what happened. I'd suspect within a day or two the post should re-appear. Thanks for finding the thread again and updating everyone you're still here .

Since you are the master LED headlight finder, have you tried to find with any LED headlights that might fit other models of 3 wheelers? I'd suspect the 350x, 250r, and 250es/sx would be fairly high demand since they are faster machines and more light would be wonderful except for the people coming at you lol. I could get sizes if you know better ways to search for them since I have all 3 models (81-84 250r style). Another thing I know people have been wanting including myself is LED tail lights that either uses the stock tail light assembly, or is a direct bolt on replacement. I found some that look fine but mounting would require a special home made bracket.
    I'll see what I can find. Unfortunately I don't have any other 3 wheelers to play around with, just my trusty Big Red. If you could get dimensions of the headlights, as well as post some pictures of the assembly, I can see if I can find something to fit. Another thing to keep in mind is that any ATC that does not have a battery may need a voltage rectifier. From what I understand, any model of ATC that is not an ES (electric start) is actually running an AC electrical system. The LEDs require DC input. If this is the case, my earlier suggestion of a voltage regulator would not be adequate, you would actually need a voltage rectifier, which will convert the AC current into 12 volt DC current. You would need something like this: http://www.speedsupplies.com/accesso...YpnhoCVkPw_wcB
    I wish I had a 250r to play around with

--
    I would be interested in a light kit for an 85 TRX 125.

--
    Thanks for the information.

--
    Been pretty busy lately (no job so making ends meet).

Anyway, I received my order for the same lights, love them so far, only thing I see as being cheap on them is the actual connector . Haven't cut the connector off yet to see if there is much copper in the wires, but the wires seem fairly good sized. I need to order some colored heat shrink to mark the wires because the wire colors are different than the Honda 200e/s wires . Once I get the order I'll be able to make the adapters for the 200es and a few other machines that interchange with it. Other models I'm not sure of, I think the main requirement is the headlight has to be held in by the clips and be a 4x6in headlight size.

ericmreimer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'd by an kit or adapter today if it were available! This is a great post!
    1984 Honda ATC200ES saved

Project in progress 1984 ATC200ES with Trx200 rear suspension/200m front suspension

ericmreimer is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I can't find the light on wish.com on my phone anyway but I found this one on e-bay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/181640231640

This look about the same?
    1984 Honda ATC200ES saved

Project in progress 1984 ATC200ES with Trx200 rear suspension/200m front suspension

--
    Man thats a great upgrade! Would be nice to find something to fit the 250R and 350X. Light upgrades are well worth it, I installed HID's in my Honda TRX 350

--
    Wow this is sweet. Didn't think to use the stock housing on mine. I was thinking about just getting 2 of those LED pods to replace mine, but I think I like this idea better!

--
    I finally got around to mocking up one of these lights on my 250es big red and only have 1 bracket made but I wanted to take it for a test ride. Wow what a difference. The machine I put it on has no battery so typically the lights are pretty dim, but the LED lights do not flicker or even dim at all! Dim vs Brights is so close there is no point in caring which it is on.

For those that are going to wire one of these up your self, the one I received was this wire scheme:

black - ground
    red - bright +12v
    blue - dim +12v

Honda's standard is as follows:

green- ground
    blue - bright +12v
    white - dim +12v

So from your harness -> led light would be this wire match up:

Green -> Black
    Red -> Blue
    Blue -> White

Now I just need to source a good way to produce the bracket I made.

FYI, the 200es light bucket does not fit on the 250es big red's light frame/guard, I was a little sad when I found that out since I knew I had to make some sort of bracket then.

If anyone wants to see the difference, keep an eye out for this big red, as it is my beater for mudding etc, and it is the machine I put the LED headlight on . It might change a little as I'm swapping some parts to make life easier (plastic big red gas tank and such). The white seat will be a dead give away.

FYI, I used the 6.5in, and it fit the 250es headlight housing just about perfect, just like the OEM headlight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0762.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	252.5 KB 
ID:	217205  
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 06-16-2015 at 12:37 AM.

--
    Sorry to get off the subject but what's up with the car tires on the one in the back round?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Sorry to get off the subject but what's up with the car tires on the one in the back round?
    Lol, I picked up a machine I called "Fracklen buggy" that came with the tires. That exact machine had some nice tires but dry rotted tires on it and my cousin needed tires badly, so the got swapped over to keep it moveable . Better pics for the LOL.

My uncle put 4 car tires on his honda rincon to be able to drive to state land with out wearing out his atv tires, he said they performed well in the trails, only thing they sucked at was anything slick like wet dirt or mud, they spun like crazy in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0228.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	217214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0230.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	217215  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //