//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bundy Hill - Policy Change

--
    Here in good ol NY you have to have insurance and registration on any motorized vehicle if you want to ride it off your own property. The first time I put insurance on my first 200x back in the 80s the Agent said to me "if you run into someones $50,000 luxury car or a limo your covered " I just looked at him and said out on the trails. Well couple years ago on the Snirt run I saw this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dads pictures 061.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	898.6 KB 
ID:	229974
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt85'350x View Post
    So do you have the insurance?
    Yes, here in the great white north we require it to ride unless you are on private land, but in my opinion it is still a good idea since people like to sue. I have my sx and 600x covered
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    I just renewed my insurance last week.I can put 4 machines on 1 policy. $75 isnt bad for a year.One ticket would cost alot more than that.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Can i ask a dumb question .......whats with all this insurance bs for this place or that place ? I`ve never had any kind of insurance for my ATV`s ! Why not ride at your own risk WAIVER and call it a day ? Why is anyone liable for off road activity's that are inherently dangerous ? King Kong Bundy wants to know !
    I keep insurance and state registration on at least a 350X and a 250R. It is common to need one or both in the pay to ride parks like this one. PA, much like NY, Ontario, and other places also requires registration on ATVs while riding outside of your own property. Very few people comply, I'm sure.
    We have the Allegheny National Forest in which we can ride trikes in PA (for $10 a day). This requires insurance and registration to get the sticker.

Actually, Glamy, your backyard is another good example. I ride Gordon Wells every year, legally with my PA plate.
    I need the insurance to be registered, and without it I presume I would have to pay for a California sticker.
    Most years I ride in 5-10 different states. It's far cheaper for me to go this route, and when I show up at a place like Bundy, I don't have to jump through hoops.
    Never really have issues with LEOs, but it's nice to at least show an effort not to be Ridin Dirty.

--
    The insurance is to protect the property owner. A place like Bundy Hill could not afford liability for everyone that came to their place. Due to the perception of how dangerous 3 wheelers are, and their past history, insurance companies will not cover 3 wheelers. If you have your own liability insurance then you are covered if you get hurt at their place.. That is the main reason for their not allowing 3 wheelers. unless you have your own liability. Also in MI I only have to buy a trail sticker and a ORV sticker to ride on public trails. I have never had any insurance on any of mine. If I get hurt my medical insurance covers my injuries.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I took my insurance(Atc) card up to bundy hill today. We rode with no problems. My insurance company emailed me the info and I printed cards out.
    Chris

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    video of bundy hill on my atc. Proof you can ride a 3wheeler at bundy..

https://youtu.be/BZ1ZesZ1oEg
    Chris

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ctk View Post
    video of bundy hill on my atc. Proof you can ride a 3wheeler at bundy..

https://youtu.be/BZ1ZesZ1oEg
    Love it. If I had my trike ready to go I would have went with you guys. Unfortunately that in combination with the fact I had gone twice in the previous 2 weeks meant I really couldn't sneak away again so soon. I'll ride there again on 3 wheels.
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x