//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bundy Hill - Policy Change

--

Bundy Hill - Policy Change

It was quite a disappointment last year when we discovered that Bundy Hill wasn't allowing 3-wheelers anymore. Over the weekend, my dad overheard some guys talking about Bundy Hill and them saying that you just need your own proof of insurance to ride.

I pulled up their website and it does appear that 3-wheelers can ride there now. We just have to have our own insurance for the machine to cover damage and liability.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/16f6a364fdea...&alloworigin=1

Rule #14: At this time 3 wheeled ATVs are prohibited without proof of insurance covering driver and vehicle.

I'm going to check with Progressive to see how much a policy would be. I know that I insure my snowmobile with them and it was only about $75 per year. I think this is good news, at least compared to not being able to ride there at all.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Perfect, I am good to go!
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    Frank, I was on the phone to my insurance guy about 2 minutes after you posted.

--
    How would you rate Bundy Hill trails/experience any opinions, before I check it out on R#%@*planet.
    Last edited by fieldy; 04-07-2015 at 06:08 PM.

--
    This is good news. I am covered and ready to go!

Matt

--
    @ fieldy: Bundy Hill is a really nice place to ride. They have a good mix of stuff to ride on from some huge pea-gravel hills to a nice perimeter trail that loops around the entire grounds. There are lots of gravel piles, hills, holes, mud, water, woods, and rocks. If the weather has been rainy, expect the place to be muddy. I've always had great experiences there. It is open to anything off-road including full size Jeeps, but they kinda have their own area and trails so interactions with them is minimal (no close calls or anything).

For the last 6 months though, Bundy had been off the list since their insurance provider told the owner that he could not allow 3-wheelers on site. It sounds like a compromise has been reached though as long as we self-insure, we are all set.

I'd recommend giving them a shot.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    @ the rest of the gang: We need to figure out when our next event should be!

By the way, I confirmed that for a minimum policy to cover my 350x, Progressive wants about $75 a year. Your mileage may vary, but I don't see this as prohibitive...
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    I went to Bundy hill twice in the past week with my quad. I asked about letting 3 wheelers ride and you must have liability insurance for the rider and the 3 wheeler. It especially helps if the insurance lists bundy hill as the secondary insurance source. I also asked the lady there (I believe she was 1 of the owners) if anyone had actually gotten the insurance and rode their 3 wheeler there-she said they had. I love bundy hill and would be willing to get the insurance if a couple of others would do so as well.

BTW I hadn't been out to bundy hill in a while but every time I go it's different from the last time. Don't know how long its been there but now there's an MX track. There's also a few more lines for going up the pea gravel hill and there are more obstacles for the 4x4's as well (which are fun on a quad too). There was a record amount of people there when I went on the Saturday before Easter. Went again on the following Wednesday and it was a night and day difference-just a few people around.
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    2003 Polaris Predator 500
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    Update on insurance costs: I check on the cost for two machines, one for me and one for my son. $95 for the year (Progressive). So, it seems like the more you add on, the less each additional machine costs. I haven't pulled the trigger yet Matt, but am ready to do so in order to get back out there and ride.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    I was told by my insurance guy before he got to digging deeper for me about 25 dollars. Well he called a couple days later saying 75 for a year and when done riding for the summer simply cancel it (so basically a 6 month policy for 1 trike).
    Even at 75 dollars it ain't no show stopper for me to ride with my buddies (but I did find out I am on call a week end from now so it may just end up a ride over in the auto to see folks).
    Now even more interesting is that there is a new private off road park about to open 12 miles to the east of me in Sturgis, Mi.
    (north of town a few miles off of M-66) and my insurance agent got their business. I forgot to ask the direct question if they will have any stipulations against trikes.
    When I mentioned I needed insurance to ride Bundy Hill my agent said,,,," that sounds stupid,,,, just trikes ,,,, wtf ".
    Matt, what this about listing Bundy Hill as a secondary insurance source ???? IU sure the hell ain't gonna pay for something with my insurance for them ~ yep,,, that would be a show stopper for me alrighty.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    I was told by my insurance guy before he got to digging deeper for me about 25 dollars. Well he called a couple days later saying 75 for a year and when done riding for the summer simply cancel it (so basically a 6 month policy for 1 trike).
    Even at 75 dollars it ain't no show stopper for me to ride with my buddies (but I did find out I am on call a week end from now so it may just end up a ride over in the auto to see folks).
    Now even more interesting is that there is a new private off road park about to open 12 miles to the east of me in Sturgis, Mi.
    (north of town a few miles off of M-66) and my insurance agent got their business. I forgot to ask the direct question if they will have any stipulations against trikes.
    When I mentioned I needed insurance to ride Bundy Hill my agent said,,,," that sounds stupid,,,, just trikes ,,,, wtf ".
    Matt, what this about listing Bundy Hill as a secondary insurance source ???? IU sure the hell ain't gonna pay for something with my insurance for them ~ yep,,, that would be a show stopper for me alrighty.
    Didn't get into it too much as I was itching to ride but listing them as secondary would make it go smoother at the counter since it would be clear that bundy is not the primary insurance.

I'm interested in this new park you're talking about. In all it would be cheaper to buy an orv sticker and ride the state trails. Down side is it's twice the drive for me and bundy is setup nicely for group rides.
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    Soooooo is a Bundy Hill ride coming together this year? I'm interested... Maybe even something up north-ish maybe ( Tin Cup or ?? )
    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

The Good:
    1985 1/2 Tri-Z - Daily Rider - Pretty much stock ( wink )
    1985 1/2 Tri-Z - Custom Black & Gold, Top mount plastic tank, custom 3D printed airbox, Banshee shock
    1985 Tri-Z - Rider restore in process

The Bad:
    1988 TRX250R with 86 ATC 250R Motor and Swinger - Screamer!

The Ugly:
    1993-ish Banshee / 2003 Motor by VSR in Belding, MI - Duner Fun!!
    2000-ish Banshee / Motor by RDZ Racing in Fowlerville, MI - Another Duner!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tommerp View Post
    Soooooo is a Bundy Hill ride coming together this year? I'm interested... Maybe even something up north-ish maybe ( Tin Cup or ?? )
    The Mrs. and a few others are headed to Bundyhill on April the 16 for the weekend, more than welcome to join. Plan on arriving Friday night and stay to Sunday....Weather permitting, not going to camp if it is -10 degree Celsius, lol
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper190 View Post
    The Mrs. and a few others are headed to Bundyhill on April the 16 for the weekend, more than welcome to join. Plan on arriving Friday night and stay to Sunday....Weather permitting, not going to camp if it is -10 degree Celsius, lol
    So do you have the insurance?
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x
    85 Honda 250sx
    KX 80 Trike conversion

Gone and missed:

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Can i ask a dumb question .......whats with all this insurance bs for this place or that place ? I`ve never had any kind of insurance for my ATV`s ! Why not ride at your own risk WAIVER and call it a day ? Why is anyone liable for off road activity's that are inherently dangerous ? King Kong Bundy wants to know !
    I would have no problem signing a waiver; I even asked if that was a possibility-it's not. The problem is we used to be able to ride there until the park got new insurance which explicitly does not cover 3 wheeled vehicles. Bundy isn't going to risk letting us ride without insurance so we're trying to find a way around it.
    Current Trikes:
    85 350x
    P3 (x2)

Quads:
    1988 Yamaha Warrior
    2003 Polaris Predator 90

Previous Trikes:
    84 Honda 110 (parts)
    85 Honda 110
    85 Honda 200x
    87 Honda 200x