//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will a tri-z front hub fit on a 350x??

nicker71 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Will a tri-z front hub fit on a 350x??

Just as the title ask, will it fit? What would it take??
    Thanks

Zach is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I am not really sure the answer to this, but I would like to ask why you would want to do that? Even though trikes and trike parts are getting harder and harder to come by, there are a million more Honda trike parts out there than Yamaha. It would be cheaper and easier to stick with Honda parts. Unless there is something awesome you are planning I have no idea about, but for cost and availability I would just keep a 350x hub on the 350x
    1986 350x
    1985 250es Big Red
    1985 200m - sold
    1984 225dx - sold
    JCPenny Scat Tracker
    1977 atc 90
    2002 custom Suzuki Volusia
    1983 XL250R
    1975 XL175 (needs alot of work)
    1965 S90

Proud Owner of 1 Set of Trailpros

nicker71 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I need to find a way to mount a 12" wheel up front. This seems like the only possible option without doing a lot of machine work maybe? I can't find a 12x6 or 12x7 with a center offset anywhere. I found a Douglas red label 12x8 4+4 but that's just a little too wide for my front tire I've selected. If I could find a plain 12x6 or 12x7 center offset wheel I would re drill to the 4x170 bolt pattern. But I haven't had any luck finding a wheel so now I'm looking at the tri z setup.
    This is for a continuing custom auto x I'm working on.

--
    Bump anyone??

Maybe there's a better way to mount a 12" on a 350x?

--
    I dont know about mounting just a hub, but you could put Z forks in your X triple and then just mount the hub into its native forks. The spread between the forks is nearly identical. I think it would give you an extra inch of suspension travel, though the springs are a bit soft for my tastes. For info: the Z wheels have a 205 mm bolt pattern and going to a 12 inch wheel will give you a much wider variety of tires available for it including some that are DOT legal. It feels more like a motorcycle when you go 11 to 12. Also trying to sync up your disc brakes from X forks to a Z hub would likely be problematic, though I dont knowfor sure.

--
    It's all good. I've already bought a tri-z hub from eBay. I'm going to make it work, I've already bought a 30" tire

--
    Damn nick I wish I would have saw this ealier. I have a tri-z wheel, hub, and brand new 25" tire that I have zero use for.

--
    I'm looking to do the same thing my sx has a 350x front end but the front rim and tire just aren't big enough to look right with the rears.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Damn nick I wish I would have saw this ealier. I have a tri-z wheel, hub, and brand new 25" tire that I have zero use for.
    Bummer, I ran across some rather reasonable priced tri-z parts on eBay and bought them already. You going to be out at Sikeston again this year? I plan on making at least a few again.

--
    The hub bolts right in and lines up great with very little modifications.

--
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]215207

30" tire on the tri-z wheel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

--
    explain "very little modification"?

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    explain "very little modification"?
    Grind front axle spacer a little to align the brake rotor with caliper.

--
    hrmm, thanks for the info.

ideas are poping in my head as we speak!
    Curses this million miles an hr brain sometimes!!!

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Lathe .100-.105" off the tri-z axle spacer on the brake side, this will line up your rotor to factory 350x specs and pretty much put the rim dead center in the forks. Both use 8" rotors and same axle size, tri-z axle is a little longer (fork legs are like 1/8" further apart). Use tri-z rim, hub, rotor, bearings, and spacers with 350x axle on 350x forks, will line up perfect.

-Connor

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //