//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1985 honda 250 sx

--

1985 honda 250 sx

Hey guys. Just got my $250 1985 honda 250sx last weekend.. seat and front mudflap were n.f.g. replaced mudflap and having the seat uphostered.. put a new plug in and kicked it and she fired! Went for a rip. She smokes. But runs good.. did a little clean up and painted some rust... put a battery from my yamaha in it and got no life no lights or anything...if i jump the solenoid it starts... does that mean my solenoid is bad or my switch on the handlebars?? Gonna dig into it more when i have more time.. ive got the manual and the wiring diagram.. any advice is appreciated!!!!!..trikes gonna be a sweet rider... tail light is there and put a new bulb in it... might keep it.. might go l.e.d.... shes got some bad cracks in the front tire its gonna need replacing. Recomendations???...

--
    Nice. Lets see some pics of this machine.

--
    Posting pics for member.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4351.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	215011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4352.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	215012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4353.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	215013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4354.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	215014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4355.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	215015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4356.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	215016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4347.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	215017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4348.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	215018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4349.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	215019Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4350.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	215020

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ugethergoinyet View Post
    put a battery from my yamaha in it and got no life no lights or anything...if i jump the solenoid it starts... does that mean my solenoid is bad or my switch on the handlebars??
    Try taking the switch apart and cleaning the contacts. When I first tried to get my sx project running, I had no juice. Once I cleaned the switch real good I instantly had fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ugethergoinyet View Post
    shes got some bad cracks in the front tire its gonna need replacing. Recomendations???...
    There a ton of threads on here pertaining to front tire replacement options. If I get a sec, ill dig up a thread, but in the mean time try using the search tab up top.
    Last edited by UPNATM; 04-23-2015 at 07:28 PM.

--
    Thanks for posting my pics troyg25.. that switch a pain in the ass to put back together?? Thinkin about painting that tank white n slapping some 86 decals or custom 250sx decals on it.... came with a cobra exhaust with weak walls n small hole in it.. tried to patch.. made it ugly..still leaks! Lol

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Nice start to a resto . Keep us posted .

Chop

--
    pic 9 is straight out of storage just paid for it...Pic 1 and 2 show the condition of the tank... considering $140 red plastic one off ebay. pic 8 shows cobra exhaust pre attempt at patch and pre paint..pic 10 shows repair job on fender bracket... ive removed the front rack as u can see.. might paint it and reinstall if need be.. oh and pic 2 u can see the melted mud flap, since replaced and painted exhaust

--
    Good start. Change all oils maybe twice and filter. Who knows how long it's been sitting. Rear diff get a lot of crap in them as well. Check the rubber boot out (cracks).

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyg25 View Post
    Good start. Change all oils maybe twice and filter. Who knows how long it's been sitting. Rear diff get a lot of crap in them as well. Check the rubber boot out (cracks).
    2x on oil changes and fresh gas. May stop smoking.
    Rear axle only holds 3.3 oz of hypoid gear oil and might look like chocolate milk.

--
    Looks like a great start! Hard to pass up at that price.

--
    Congratulations. Take your time and don't make any drastic decisions about changes immediately. Work on function first, then mull it over and give serious thought to change and investment.

They're not making them any more, I hear.

Nice purchase. Well done.

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That's quite the custom front rack on it in the one pic.

--
    Thanks! Just got word my sealed fuse holders are in. modernising the fuses on both my trikes. 250sx has an old glass 15amp Im saying bye bye to. And my brand new seat should be done for monday..... and i went And picked.up the stock air filter box
    Last edited by ugethergoinyet; 04-25-2015 at 09:40 AM.

--
    Your going to love that sx very good trike enjoy

--
    Atcrumm is right. After about 15 years of waiting, I finally got one. For $250 too! Mine's in about the same shape although it doesn't smoke. I had to send my carb to Flyingw for a rebuild. WELL worth the price. Since I'm now in the middle of moving, I've only ridden it a couple of times but I love it. I think it was worth the wait.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //