//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1985 honda 250 sx

--
    Thats awesome! I might look into the flyingw just to make it mint. Got my seat re-done and my rear fender on. Got the air box on after i re-shaped it a bit. It was a little melty haha .went for a good rip and ive almost burned all the old gas out of it. Pics soon. Might get around to painting the tank soon too

--
    I got my 1st barn find. I answered an ad for chainsaws and asked if he had any motorcycles, he said no but I got this....he showed me a 1985 250sx. It really was in a barn and pigeons had been doing a job on it since 1998. I should have taken a before picture, but it still looks dirty even after alot of cleaning. Got it for $100. Owner said it had carb problems when parked in 1998. I bought it because it turned over good. It has been a few months under a tarp in my back yard while I find a little time here and there to work on it. The float valve in the carb was corroded solid and when I got it out it wasn't all there. The air cleaner was rotted mush. The rear diff oil looked like rustoleum rusty metal primer. Cleaned the tank, changed the oil and she started on the 3rd kick. I figured out that it has to be in neutral and the electric start works too. The tires look good, but no front brake. I haven't ever rode a 3 wheeler, but we are going to the oregon dunes (spinreel) andI haven't been there before either. I need to check the valves before we go as it makes a lot of top end noise ...especially when cold.

We now have 3, 3 wheelers. I bought a 200 honda for the engine(pull start) years ago. A 1982 250r, because a 3 wheeler might be fun with some suspension which the 200 does not have and now this 250sx. Since the first 2 are still together all three are going to the dunes to have some fun. My 2 sons are used to motorcycles and are reluctant to ride a trike. Everyone else in our group will have 4 wheelers. I think we will have more fun.

--
    Turn key and engine on, put a voltmeter across the solenoid, you should have about 12 volts. If you have nothing or less, the solenoid is probably good. trace the wires back checking fuses etc; problem is before the solenoid.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //