//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Klt250

--

Klt250

Just saw a complete klt250c. I think it's a 1984. 800 original miles good tires plastic and all. What's it worth? It's at an auction and I'm probably gonna pick it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

--
    very nice, does it have locking hubs in the back?

its worth whatever someone willing to pay for it

--
    Yes locking hubs. That's very informative thanks.

--
    I'd say around $750 around my area. There have been some a little nicer with less miles bring around $1300 on eBay and you gotta remember that's before shipping. Hope you bring it home. They are AWESOME machines! The differential is really nice if you load up the racks or want to go picking your way off the beaten path. Built for work. Looks like an 83 with decals missing and seat recovered.

--
    well I got. Went 500$. I like it so far. It's certainly different. I've always been a Honda big red man myself but I'm glad I brought it home. I think the open differential for yard work will be nice. Thanks guys.

--
    I had one of those when I was a kid.. remember the locking diff's! remember unlocked she ran 65-70 mph.. Locked she ran 50 mph!

--
    Glad you got it! That differential is really nice at times. The fact you can switch between locked and unlocked modes so easily gives you the best of both worlds. I have 2 of them and they will outpull and outrun my Big Red. They will also kill you if you try to run them too fast over rough ground with that engine having so much power and no suspension. I have all kinds of info for tune up and repair if you need any help. I highly recommend a 30 micron fuel filter between the pump and carburetor.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    Glad you got it! That differential is really nice at times. The fact you can switch between locked and unlocked modes so easily gives you the best of both worlds. I have 2 of them and they will outpull and outrun my Big Red. They will also kill you if you try to run them too fast over rough ground with that engine having so much power and no suspension. I have all kinds of info for tune up and repair if you need any help. I highly recommend a 30 micron fuel filter between the pump and carburetor.
    That's awesome! Thanks for the help. I want to service it. Any service manuals still around? I worked at a Kawasaki Honda Suzuki Yamaha dealership for 5 years before I started to work on big trucks. I like to have original manuals. Does this have an oil filter?

--
    I've got a complete manual for the klt200, I believe it covers the 250. Very similar machines.

They do have an oil filter. Let me know if there are any sections you need scanned and uploaded.

To many pages to do them all.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    If you PM me your email address I can share some files you will find helpful. There is a little steel tube that goes through the oil filter. You remove it from the old element and slide it into the new one. Make sure not to lose it. Our hired man threw it out with the used oil one time.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //